Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

swelling underneath the sit bones after long ride
Quote | Reply
Is this normal or do I need a different saddle? I used the seat at IM last year and didn't have this problem. Road 112 miles yesterday and now I feel like I have two balloons under ass. ???
Last edited by: woof: Oct 5, 15 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: swelling underneath the sit bones after long ride [woof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just happen this one time or a recurring issue?
Sounds like a bit of a saddle sore forming.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: swelling underneath the sit bones after long ride [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:
Just happen this one time or a recurring issue?
Sounds like a bit of a saddle sore forming.

It is two big swellings underneath each sit-bone(bottom of the hip bone).
I have read it is related to saddle width being to narrow. But I didn't have an issue with this until recently.
Road 112 yesterday and now feel like there are balloons under my butt when I sit.
Not painful... unless maybe i get on the bike... but haven't tried.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some tenderness can be 'ok', but swelling and real pain is not.

could be bursitis around the ischial tuberosity (sit bone) could be related to tight hamstrings and glutes 'high up' near the pelvic insertion. possible trauma to perineal muscle and fascia.

possible that you traumatised the area hitting a very sharp pothole then continued to aggravate it over hundreds of miles. Overuse syndrome.

try to alleviate hams/glutes with massage, asprin and/or therabath. May also want to reduce how aggressive you are in aero for awhile.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: swelling underneath the sit bones after long ride [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
Some tenderness can be 'ok', but swelling and real pain is not.

could be bursitis around the ischial tuberosity (sit bone) could be related to tight hamstrings and glutes 'high up' near the pelvic insertion. possible trauma to perineal muscle and fascia.

possible that you traumatised the area hitting a very sharp pothole then continued to aggravate it over hundreds of miles. Overuse syndrome.

try to alleviate hams/glutes with massage, asprin and/or therabath. May also want to reduce how aggressive you are in aero for awhile.

Possible hams/glutes... issues wasn't noticed until this morning. Yesterday, biked 112, ate dinner sitting down(nothing noticed), swam 1000 meters, and ran 5 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you're riding the same ISM as last year,
check seat height, it may have slipped down after miles and miles.
or, if mech worked on it an moved post to accommodate work clamp, it is too high.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply