Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

San Jose Sierra Hill Climb on Tue Oct 6th (~7 am)
Quote | Reply
I'll be in San Jose this week and packed my bike. Planning to ride Sierra tomorrow morning. The hope is to beat my time from the spring (which appears to be 29.11 based on this file:

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/750148327

I plan to ride over from my hotel near San Jose airport and be at the base around 7 am. Not sure what time you guys have light there. Maybe better to arrive at base at 7:15. Descend down Calavares. Round trip from my hotel should be around 1:50 without the detour up Calavares like Rob Gray and I did last time. Rob would have been there as a final test before Kona, but he's living in Boulder now trying to get his red blood cell count up before Kona, so I need some other riding partners to hammer me.

Quote Reply
Re: San Jose Sierra Hill Climb on Tue Oct 6th (~7 am) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd happily drive down and whip your butt, and, teach you a lesson about what old guys can do. but...

I just checked my calendar, and, I gotta wash my hair that day!

Seriously though. It'll just be getting light enough (barely) but there might be a chill in the air. In all seriousness I might be in the area, but it would be later if at all.

Oh well... You'll just have to teach that nasty old watch a lesson.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: San Jose Sierra Hill Climb on Tue Oct 6th (~7 am) [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See, this is your problem...you have hair to wash. Most guys in your age group only have hair on eyebrows, ears, back and everyone other place than on the head!

So anyone else interested...as for chill, it can't be as bad as my first 4.5 hrs at Whistler and probably better than first 2 hrs at Tahoe!!!

Did you sign up for Cabos yet? Are we going to have to start at ST fund?
Quote Reply