Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TT bikes at local shops
Quote | Reply
With quite a few brands going to the online model, what smaller brands would you like to see at your local store?
Quote Reply
Re: TT bikes at local shops [Ozlas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about any. Every bike store in my area that I've been to that deals at all with Tri/TT bikes has one or two in stock, at best, and invariably not in my size, so it ends up being a "We can order it for you".

I'm not surprised things are moving to an online ordering model.
Quote Reply
Re: TT bikes at local shops [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder why they do have a few but always in 56 and 58.. My friend waited almost a month and a half for his P3 and now almost a month for his S5..... Dealer said this coming Friday it should be in.....

Wonder why....
Quote Reply
Re: TT bikes at local shops [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd bet that's where most people fit.
Quote Reply
Re: TT bikes at local shops [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the local bike shop become a Fit station for bike brands? And or newer show cases for new bike brands?

Seems the way it's going. I'd like to see the Razik Bicycles in more stores
Quote Reply
Re: TT bikes at local shops [Ozlas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure about your area, but in Auckland New Zealand, we are swamped with bike stores. On one street, about 600m long, there are 5 bikes stores currently.

There are tons more scattered around the city, and Auckland is only about 1.2 million last time I checked.

I think the problem for us trigeeks is that we are a pretty small market, and we tend to buy pretty expensive bikes (pricier that barbie bikes with tassles that's for sure). This means there are naturally going to be less bikes in the local stores and they aren't going to carry 3 brands, entry, mid and super bikes, in all sizes. Business just doesn't work like that.

On top of that, they have limited space so they have to stock the bikes that turn over the most.

What would I like to see? Easy, a store at then end of my street with my every whim in stock, in all colours. Failing that, a wider selection of brands, since we don't get much of the Euro tri stuff here. Cervelo, Trek and Scott is what I see mostly, although Willier has surprisingly large following lately.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: TT bikes at local shops [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captain-tri wrote:
How about any. Every bike store in my area that I've been to that deals at all with Tri/TT bikes has one or two in stock, at best, and invariably not in my size, so it ends up being a "We can order it for you".

I'm not surprised things are moving to an online ordering model.

Same here. My favorite shop won't sell tri bikes because it is small and the owner doesn't know anything about them. The other two shops in the area don't stock them, but they will order them. I will end up ordering a bike through one of them because they will guarantee the size, do a fit, and offer at least a year of free maintenance, but I would really like to be able to see a bike before I order it.
Quote Reply