Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blutooth/ Ant + HR Strap?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of a Bluetooth and Ant+ combo heartrate strap.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Blutooth/ Ant + HR Strap? [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a traditional strap, but the Mio fuse works well with both. The entire Mio line might transmit both, but I'm not sure.
Last edited by: aries33: Oct 3, 15 19:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wahoo tickr/tickr x does both. The tickr x also provides running metrics - vertical oscillation, ground contact time etc if you use the wahoo fitness app.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband
http://www.amazon.com/...rmband/dp/B00KWHQJJW

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As mentioned, TICKR if you want a strap, Mio Link if you don't.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Blutooth/ Ant + HR Strap? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. The tickr is what I am looking for exactly.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tickr X will transmit on both.
The 4iiii Viiiiva will transmit on both, and can bridge between them. So it can mirror an ANT+ power meter over BTLE. That can be quite useful.

--------------------------------------------------
Yeah, it's a great bike but the engine needs work.
Quote Reply
Re: Blutooth/ Ant + HR Strap? [quellish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
quellish wrote:
The 4iiii Viiiiva will transmit on both, and can bridge between them. So it can mirror an ANT+ power meter over BTLE. That can be quite useful.

I don't understand. What's the advantage of the 4iiii?

Also, as a cyclist only, is there any advantage of the tickr X over just the Tickr? My old Garmin hard strap finally failed on me and I need a new HR sensor.
Quote Reply
Re: Blutooth/ Ant + HR Strap? [wacomme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also read on ST about using a Garmin soft strap sensor with a Polar strap. I hear you need to wash the Garmin strap often. Then again, perhaps I should just get the Garmin hard strap. My old one lasted me 10+ years. But now that I need to buy a new sensor/strap, I'm just weighing my best options. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wacomme wrote:
quellish wrote:

You can send other ANT+ data from other sensors over BTLE.

Say you had an ANT+ only speed sensor, it could send that and HR over BTLE.

I believe there are some limitations though.

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Re: Blutooth/ Ant + HR Strap? [P90Puma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P90Puma wrote:
wacomme wrote:
quellish wrote:

BTLE?

I do have a Garmin Speed Sensor - most likely ANT+ . . . just trying to find where the 4iiii might be more useful and how????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think what he's saying is that it "translates" data from ANT+ transmitters so that it can be read by Bluetooth receivers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wacomme wrote:
P90Puma wrote:
wacomme wrote:
quellish wrote:

BTLE?

I do have a Garmin Speed Sensor - most likely ANT+ . . . just trying to find where the 4iiii might be more useful and how????

For example, you can send all Ant+ data such as your powermeter or Speed Sensor data to your iphone. Your iphone is BTLE not Ant+.

I have the 4iiii strap. It's been very good. It can also be used for HRV applications when paired with an iphone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Scosche optical HR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wacomme wrote:

Also, as a cyclist only, is there any advantage of the tickr X over just the Tickr? My old Garmin hard strap finally failed on me and I need a new HR sensor.

If you have ANT+ sensors, the 4iiii can take those ANT+ messages and translate them into Bluetooth Low Energy, which is what smart phones use. So if you have an ANT+ power meter, speed sensor, etc. your phone/tablet/etc. will be able to see that information using Bluetooth Low Energy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quellish wrote:
wacomme wrote:

If you have ANT+ sensors, the 4iiii can take those ANT+ messages and translate them into Bluetooth Low Energy, which is what smart phones use. So if you have an ANT+ power meter, speed sensor, etc. your phone/tablet/etc. will be able to see that information using Bluetooth Low Energy.

Thanks for the clarification. I have a Wahoo ANT+ dongle that I use on my laptop (or iPad) while on the trainer, so for me I suppose this feature is redundant. I also read that the 4iiii can only connect to one power meter. I have 2 quarqs, one road, one TT. I use both bikes on my trainer.

So, here's what I'm thinking:

1) Hard Garmin - cheap, reliable, ANT+ only
2) Soft Garmin - newer.
3) TICKR - mid-priced. Works Bluetooth and ANT+ - more future-proof
4) TICKR X - might be able to use it at the gym, though I think I need my iPhone with me for the fancy stuff.
5) 4iiii - Bluetooth and ANT+ - with Bridge; might be nice if my Wahoo ANT+ dongle breaks, but limited to only one power meter.

I'm in a quandary between the hard Garmin, TICKR, and the 4iiii. I'm apt to just get the hard Garmin - it's cheapest, worked for me before, and I've heard is quite reliable and durable. How are the others in terms of durability? I've heard the soft straps need constant cleaning and replacing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as I know it's one power meter *at a time*. I have 2 power meters and have used the 4iiii with each.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quellish wrote:
As far as I know it's one power meter *at a time*. I have 2 power meters and have used the 4iiii with each.

Good to know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the 4iii have running metric capability? I do not believe so but would like confirmation. The ant+ to BTLE is a nice option on flexibility.

I love my scosche but would like to pick up HRV and since I have to buy a strap for that, I might as well pick up some other features too.
Quote Reply