Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if there is a modification that can be made to the nose cone on the 2011 SHIV to make it UCI compliant? Thinking of doing some TT's in 2016.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone [Ken66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ken66 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a modification that can be made to the nose cone on the 2011 SHIV to make it UCI compliant? Thinking of doing some TT's in 2016.

Unless you are doing a UCI, NRC, or National Championship your bike doesn't need to be UCI compliant to do a TT. From the USAC rule book:

(e) Bicycles must meet current UCI technical regulations at events that select 17-18, U23 and Elite riders for international competition or national teams. All bicycles used in National Championships (for age 17 and older riders) and NRC races must comply with the current UCI regulations. At the discretion of USA Cycling, UCI rules may be adopted or modified for Masters National Championships.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttusomeone wrote:

(e) Bicycles must meet current UCI technical regulations at events that select 17-18, U23 and Elite riders for international competition or national teams. All bicycles used in National Championships (for age 17 and older riders) and NRC races must comply with the current UCI regulations. At the discretion of USA Cycling, UCI rules may be adopted or modified for Masters National Championships.

And the discretion of this year's masters nationals TT was not to enforce most UCI rules. E.G. Felt IA was legal.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wellthats just it. I may try to race at nationals. I would hate to get there only to be dis quaulified because of a stupid nose cone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ken66 wrote:
Wellthats just it. I may try to race at nationals. I would hate to get there only to be dis quaulified because of a stupid nose cone

I think very unlikely you'd be DQed, but you can always email USACycling to double-check.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

And the discretion of this year's masters nationals TT was not to enforce most UCI rules. E.G. Felt IA was legal.

Did they measure? Itīs sort of ridiculous being 6ī1Ļ and trying to fit your bike in the jig. One reason I didnīt go this year...
Quote Reply
Re: UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone [v0coder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
v0coder wrote:
trail wrote:

Did they measure? Itīs sort of ridiculous being 6ī1Ļ and trying to fit your bike in the jig. One reason I didnīt go this year...
no, they did not measure a thing.

sorry you avoided it for that reason.

personally, i think the rules should be tossed out for amateurs....OR, if they're going to talk about enforcing rules, then they should enforce all of them, strictly.

i was told beforehand that they would not "strictly" enforce rules. what on earth does that mean?

i ride a UCI-compliant position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The issue is that they need to determine which rules they are going to apply and stick with it. You really have to be UCI compliant because you just don't know what they will do from year to year.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetonrider wrote:
v0coder wrote:
trail wrote:

personally, i think the rules should be tossed out for amateurs....OR, if they're going to talk about enforcing rules, then they should enforce all of them, strictly.

i was told beforehand that they would not "strictly" enforce rules. what on earth does that mean?

I can understand why they tried enforcing only some of the rules. For example, how many 80 year olds can still ride with the entire cockpit below the level of the seat? I have a really hard time riding a completely flat saddle these days because old Mr. Prostate likes a little downward tilt on virtually every saddle one of the saddles I have tried.

The question is where you draw the line between disqualifying half the field and having someone out their with a Boardman Superman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
makes a difference on if you are talking about elite nats or master nats. one is a lot more restrictive
Quote Reply
Re: UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
makes a difference on if you are talking about elite nats or master nats. one is a lot more restrictive

Actually, at Elite Nat's they didn't care...

Junior or U23, they jigged and weighed and enforced the 3/1 rule. For the Elite it was just USAC rules.
Last edited by: ginsued: Oct 4, 15 17:49
Quote Reply
Re: UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone [ginsued] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not the previous 2 years
Quote Reply
Re: UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetonrider wrote:
v0coder wrote:
trail wrote:

same happen to me when I did the state TT last year... they said: they won't check anything

shiv, felt IA, aereo bottles... all kind of "weird" stuff going on

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: UCI rules for TT on a 2011 SHIV with nose cone [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
tetonrider wrote:
v0coder wrote:
trail wrote:

same happen to me when I did the state TT last year... they said: they won't check anything

shiv, felt IA, aereo bottles... all kind of "weird" stuff going on

States (in the US) are generally not obligated to conform to the specific UCI time trial rules in question, and will normally default to USAC rules. Not to say that officials can opt to interpret this differently on race day, but I have only seen it brought up once (for a Softride).
Quote Reply