Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frame weight summary for top of the line bikes?
Quote | Reply
Wondering if anyone knows of a site that lists frame weights for the top of the line superbikes. S-Works Shiv, Cervelo P5, BMC Time Machine, etc? I am currently on a S Works Shiv and have read numerous posts on ST that it is a heavier frame, and was curious to see how much heavier it is compared to other top of the line bikes.
Last edited by: Mike Alexander: Oct 3, 15 5:27
Quote Reply
Re: Frame weight summary for top of the line bikes? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not aware of one but remember to keep in mind proprietary components, and what's actually included in any weights you do find. Some frames are super light but you have to use the proprietary 300 gram stem. And some frames are heavy but the fork is light.

Not that any of this matters a whole lot in terms of performance but it's really hard to compare apples to apples.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame weight summary for top of the line bikes? [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be nice to get the bike weights minus the wheels and pedals. That would cover all the proprietary stuff (and most people swap in race wheels anyway).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Frame weight summary for top of the line bikes? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently saw a chart that had a list of bike weights with many of the more popular bikes listed. I've looked back a few weeks but cant find it. Someone else may remember this, It was in a thread in regards to a new bike model I think. I'll keep looking as now its driving me nuts just to find it!
Quote Reply