Re: Bike shops next door to specialty run stores [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kansas City, Ks Bike Source and Garry Gribbles Running
Flower Mound, Tx Bikes Plus and Lukes Locker
Dallas, Tx RBM and lukes locker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okemos, MI (east of Lansing and East Lansing) has the fantastic running store Playmakers. There is an American Cycle and and Fitness (Trek dealer) basically in the same parking lot.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shops next door to specialty run stores [JoshR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoshR wrote:
Long Lake, MN

Gear West Bike & Tri right next to Gear West Run & Ski. Same name, but two separate businesses with separate ownership.

true, confused the heck out of me the first time I went there - hey, I'm from "outta town"

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shops next door to specialty run stores [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Speedy Reedy Mulit-Sport in Seattle!

It's a tri-shop, so bike shop and specialty run shop in one. Swim, bike, run. They have a huge parking lot.

http://www.speedyreedy.com

Scott
This. Speedy Reedy are a true tri shop. Not a bike shop with a few aerobars, few singlets on clearance, precisely one pair of swim goggles to choose from, and two sad wetsuits hanging in the corner. XXL and XXS of course because no one's buying them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not next door as in sharing a wall, but it's they are within 100 feet of each other - i.e same parking lot, same shopping center. Plus there is a DQ there for fun treats :)

Instep + Wheel and Sprocket - Hales Corner, WI (Milwaukee)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Columbus, OH - FrontRunner on Lane Ave., within a quarter mile of two bike shops: Trek and Roll. Whole Foods across the street from the bike shops. They don't share a parking lot but do share a sidewalk.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Oct 1, 15 11:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a few of these setups in Montreal, either next door or very close. However, the most solid is actually on the North Shore of Montreal, in Ste-Therese where you have "La Maison de la Course" and "Quilicot" in the same strip mall (although not exact neighbors, a few other shops in between). The running store is one of the most specialized in the area, if not the most, and the bike store is Specialized / Cervelo / Look / Pinarello - pretty solid selection.

If only the flagship Argon 18 store had such a team up (and wasn't located in such an inconvenient area).
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shops next door to specialty run stores [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shared parking lot. shared parking lot.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road Runner Sports and Gregg's Cycle Greenlake share a parking lot in Seattle's Greenlake neighborhood. Not sure if RRS qualifies. They are a corporate chain. Not sure Gregg's qualifies either. They are a local chain with a questionable customer service and shoddy mechanics. I'm sorry to say but that's how it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
St. Joseph MI
Taylor'd Running / Cycle and Fitness
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decatur, IL: Spin City Cycles turned half the store into a Fleet Feet Sports last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flatirons Running Company and Boulder Cycle Sport - Boulder, Co

Southern Sun Brewing in the same Parking lot too!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shops next door to specialty run stores [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Road Runner Sports and Gregg's Cycle Greenlake share a parking lot in Seattle's Greenlake neighborhood. Not sure if RRS qualifies. They are a corporate chain. Not sure Gregg's qualifies either. They are a local chain with a questionable customer service and shoddy mechanics. I'm sorry to say but that's how it is.

I immediatly thought of these two, but then thought, "I really do not care for either one". Plus, I do not think they share a parking lot anymore (plus the marking lot has only 8 spaces or so and is half a block from the actual store.

Of course Super Jock and Jill is right by there also, but it does not have a parking lot.

Either way speedy reedy is a good combo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike World and Roger Soler Sports(running) have a location with a shared parking lot in San Antonio-I think each has 3 locations, but only one(Alamo Heights) is shared.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if counts as separate shops, but Universal Sole operates within Live Grit in Chicago. I can't comment on Live Grit, but have personally known the owner of Universal Sole for 15 years...great guy.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Town Center Bike & Tri next door to Gold Country Run + Sport

Located El Dorado Hills California
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in Charlotte,NC we have TWO Trek Stores next to Charlotte Running Company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
roadrunner and carytown bikes in RVA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mojo Running and BikeFix, West Chester, Ohio
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shops next door to specialty run stores [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pizza joint, Rozelli's, has an unbelievably good Chicago deep dish. The taste is amped up after a group ride at Nebo!
Stop by Runners Forum to get gels, do the Nebo group ride then refuel at Rozelli's. Makes a perfect Thursday night!
Quote Reply

Prev Next