Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: There's a new wheel company in town [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I saw the new post I thought it would be someone pointing out that the company has folded up shop after their ST advertising campaign didn't go anywhere.

The company may be in business still, but I can't be bothered to find out.
Quote Reply
Re: There's a new wheel company in town [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the eBay posting:

Quote:
I recently closed my company, Dished Wheels, due to time constraints and am clearing the inventory.
Quote Reply
Re: There's a new wheel company in town [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rlh212 wrote:
From the eBay posting:

Quote:
I recently closed my company, Dished Wheels, due to time constraints and am clearing the inventory.

Clearing the inventory of the solitary wheel he imported from China.
Quote Reply
Re: There's a new wheel company in town [moonmonkey02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
moonmonkey02 wrote:
here's your chance to own one of these unique pieces of wheel technology:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dished-Zero-700c-Handbuilt-Carbon-Clincher-Triathlon-Rear-Disc-/152406609365

not much in the Dished Wheels shop either: clearly so popular they have a stock issue. And judging by their feedback not quite sure if they have ever sold any cycling merchandise ever.

Probably more obvious to others who have been following this thread from the start, but that is Ben's ebay account. So the good news is you're getting these factory direct!
Quote Reply
Re: There's a new wheel company in town [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The company may be in business still, but I can't be bothered to find out.

A quick internet search, and they seem to be out of business.

I still find the wheel business particularly in triathlon fascinating. ZIPP still rules the market here, at least from my observations. But there are always new players coming in and forays by some of the other key players in the wheel business - say HED and Mavic to make some headway, along with these much smaller new companies. I put Slowtwitch favorite Flo in that smaller/newer group.

In walking the aisles at Interbike last Sept, I counted 3 - 4 wheel companies that I had never even heard of before trying to get themselves established.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next