Prev Next
Re: Ironman Florida Bike Course [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very happy about the changes.
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Bike Course [lwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are welcome! We continually attempt to improve our events each year. One thing we look at closely after each event is the athlete survey. Based on the responses to these surveys we have an idea what things need attention. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:
You are welcome! We continually attempt to improve our events each year. One thing we look at closely after each event is the athlete survey. Based on the responses to these surveys we have an idea what things need attention. Z

2013 IMFL was my first IM at 63yo and we all know about the swim--:o(, had FUN on the bike BUT the litter zone was an experience, and the 26.2 for a old man with bad knees was made much more enjoyable with that OUTSTANDING chicken broth. :o)

2014 IMFL was my 2nd IM and we know about the non swim, the WIND for the bike, but having experience with the litter zone it didn't seem that bad AND I did not stop for the 112 miles knowing the course and being pig-headed, then the 26.2 with even worse knees knowing that I would have ample opportunity for that OUTSTANDING chicken broth.

Chose not to register for 2015, :o( , but worked out for the better since I am dealing with prostate cancer right now and the zero testosterone is a trip.

My wife told me about the new bike course so I went on the site, looked at it and thought....WOW-wish I was racing!!! It looks really cool and I told my wife that I want to register for 2016 IMFL just to ride the course and hope that the waters would be calm and hope they still have the chicken broth.

THANKS for the course change and determined to ride it in the future.

To all racers for 2015, BE SAFE and ENJOY. For all those true endurance athletes who take longer to complete, the chicken broth is a real treat and I feel sorry for those fast gals and guys who never get to taste it....their loss. :o)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the updated map. Quick question. I'm doing the race this year and am starting to plan my race strategy. What is the wind normally like on the bike course? I know it's impossible to say for sure but just in general.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Bike Course [BionicTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BionicTri wrote:
Thanks for posting the updated map. Quick question. I'm doing the race this year and am starting to plan my race strategy. What is the wind normally like on the bike course? I know it's impossible to say for sure but just in general.

IIRC, last year we had 15mph to 25mph with gusts 30+mph. Wind and rip currents canceled the swim.

Search site I use for water, wind information.....Surf Forecast.com for PCB, click 7 days
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Bike Course [OlderTryGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lmao you're cracking me up!! The chicken broth !! Glad you had a good race brodi !!!
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Sep 13, 15 19:12
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Bike Course [OlderTryGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OlderTryGuy wrote:
BionicTri wrote:

IIRC, last year we had 15mph to 25mph with gusts 30+mph. Wind and rip currents canceled the swim.

Search site I use for water, wind information.....Surf Forecast.com for PCB, click 7 days

Thanks for the link!

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply

Prev Next