Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How much should I pay for a new 4 year old bike?
Quote | Reply
I've been looking for a cheap aluminum tri bike. I always thought the Giant Trinity was a decently thought out bike and well priced. I found a shop nearby with one on the floor (which is surprising for a 4 year old bike). They're asking $1430 for it. Seems high to me, but they can charge whatever they like I suppose.

My question is, is that a reasonable price?

Bike in question:
http://www.bicyclebluebook.com/...tail.aspx?id=3038033[/url]
Quote Reply
Re: How much should I pay for a new 4 year old bike? [zak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
16% off MSRP? I wouldn't pay that for a 2016 bike. I'd probably like to offer closer to $700...but wouldn't pay a dime more than $900 if I REALLY wanted it. This thing is taking up inventory space at their shop. If the bike was in such high demand where they could ask for close to MSRP then they wouldn't have had it for 4 years.
Quote Reply
Re: How much should I pay for a new 4 year old bike? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
16% off MSRP? I wouldn't pay that for a 2016 bike. I'd probably like to offer closer to $700...but wouldn't pay a dime more than $900 if I REALLY wanted it. This thing is taking up inventory space at their shop. If the bike was in such high demand where they could ask for close to MSRP then they wouldn't have had it for 4 years.

Agree completely... 16% is a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zak wrote:
I've been looking for a cheap aluminum tri bike. I always thought the Giant Trinity was a decently thought out bike and well priced. I found a shop nearby with one on the floor (which is surprising for a 4 year old bike). They're asking $1430 for it. Seems high to me, but they can charge whatever they like I suppose.

My question is, is that a reasonable price?

Bike in question:
http://www.bicyclebluebook.com/...tail.aspx?id=3038033[/url]

I'll sell you my Trek Speed Concept 9 series from 2010 - It is used, but I'll sell it for $1400. $1430, seems like a terrible price for an inferior bike. You would be much better off buying a P2C

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: How much should I pay for a new 4 year old bike? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems steep, its it preowned or display model?
Quote Reply
Re: How much should I pay for a new 4 year old bike? [BlackFox5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$1430 does seem super pricey. BUT, you get the warranty, which is huge. Probably a good deal if you can talk them down to $1200.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You really should consider Thomas' offer. The 1st gen SC 9's a superbike even now, with great aero, adjustability and storage. Plus you know a pro maintained it.
I've got two SC 7s of the same generation and have been absolutely happy with them.
Quote Reply