Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hydration - Water and/or Mixed Supplement Drink
Quote | Reply
Apologies if this has been asked before, i did a search and couldn't find the info.

When planning hydration, would you typically drink the required water in addition to a calorie drink or does the calorie drink count towards your water requirements?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Hydration - Water and/or Mixed Supplement Drink [TOSaffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My calories drink serves as both my calories drink and hydration intake.

Others do it differently. It all depends on personal preference and the concentration of the calories drink

Quote | Reply
I used a concentrated bottle of Infinit for anything longer than an Olympic. Then just pickup water at aid stations etc. The concentration strength depends on how long I anticipate being on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. So technically i could just hydrate with a calorie drink? Not that i will just do that, I'll make sure to experiment a little.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my mind the calorie drink contributes to your water intake. I use CarboPro and add it to water b/c a lot of the electrolyte drinks upset my stomach. CarboPro is tasteless so it allows me to get carbs/calories and feel like im only drinking water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's no question about it. The fluids in your "calorie drink" absolutely contribute to the water requirements you refer to.

They also have things in them to help get the water into the places in your body that you want them to be. Plain water tends to becomes pee better than it becomes sweat. Things like carbs and electrolytes (and there is research to suggest whole foods have some sort of contribution to hydration) help direct the water to where it is most useful during exercise.
Quote Reply
Re: Hydration - Water and/or Mixed Supplement Drink [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for all the advise. Now I just need to get used to the Tri bike.
Quote Reply