Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Power2Max price drop [xc800runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xc800runner wrote:
Yeah, that's good to go with the P2M compact, then. You can choose the FSA Gossamer or K-Force, or the Rotor 3D (either Classic or Type S) to work with your current BB. All it would require is pulling off your chainrings from the 105 crank and installing on the P2M spider, bolting the P2M spider to the new crank arms, and installing in your frame. If you're lucky, you may not even need to adjust the FD (but if you do it shouldn't be more than a simple limit screw adjustment in or out - the height ought to be good if you're not changing chainring sizes).

If you buy the P2M with crank, the arms will come pre-installed. All you need to do is bolt on the rings and install on the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2Max price drop [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beercity wrote:
If you buy the P2M with crank, the arms will come pre-installed. All you need to do is bolt on the rings and install on the frame.

Must be one of the benefits of the Type S. The Classic came separate for me (which is good because you have to install the chainrings first - I learned after bolting it all together) and requires torquing up 6 torx bolts to attach the spider to the gossamer crank arm.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2Max price drop [xc800runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xc800runner wrote:
beercity wrote:

Must be one of the benefits of the Type S. The Classic came separate for me (which is good because you have to install the chainrings first - I learned after bolting it all together) and requires torquing up 6 torx bolts to attach the spider to the gossamer crank arm.

That might be then, I am not sure. I bought Praxis rings with mine so it all came assembled and ready to go. I got the Rotor 3D which needs a special tool, so I would hope that the rings can be installed and removed without needing the special spider tool. The rings still use standard bolts though.
Last edited by: beercity: Aug 28, 15 13:16
Quote Reply
Re: Power2Max price drop [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would the classic work as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Power2Max price drop [Triagain2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Doesn't the Transition use BB30?

My 2011 Transition Comp uses a 68mm English threaded BB. I doubt any of the 2009 versions are BB30.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2Max price drop [slorunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are correct. This is external bearing on a 68mm shell. I was confused on what BB30 is.

I have a shimano BB in there right now. Model FC6601. Uses a 24mm axle, I think.
Quote Reply

Prev Next