Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bolt vs Gatlin vs... your thoughts [peterkonecny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone see the women's final?

There was a lass running who, if she doesn't get busted in the next couple of years, will leave me astonished..
Quote Reply
Re: Bolt vs Gatlin vs... your thoughts [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic race, and I think this was a clean as, well can be. The lab "control" is deGrasse, and the field is very tight. The "stars" are really busting it.

I researched Gatlin's career and at this point I don't quite understand the gobs of hostility toward this guy.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just thinking... I wonder how much the IAAF would have paid Gatlin to throw the race?

Not that they would... etc. etc....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
regardless of whether he is doped up, the fact that a 6'5" dude can run like Bolt is astounding. I have no interest in the "does he or doesn't he" debate with any of these guys. I think when I watch Bolt run I am watching the most supremely gifted track athlete the world has ever seen. I just wish he would move up to the 400. With his form and strength, that WR would fall in an instant. 42? Who knows.
Quote Reply
Re: Bolt vs Gatlin vs... your thoughts [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see Manning throwing touchdowns to Bolt. Don't know if he can catch or run routes...but would he even need more than one route?

Of course, no reason for Bolt to take hits when he's doing just fine as a millionaire doing less than ten seconds of work. That's not a bad gig.
Quote Reply
Re: Bolt vs Gatlin vs... your thoughts [Jason80134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason80134 wrote:
I'd like to see Manning throwing touchdowns to Bolt. Don't know if he can catch or run routes...but would he even need more than one route?

Of course, no reason for Bolt to take hits when he's doing just fine as a millionaire doing less than ten seconds of work. That's not a bad gig.

That whole "fastest man in the world playing football" thing has had pretty mixed results. Bob Hayes did okay. I think Rondaldo Nehemiah was kind of a bust. IIRC Cliff Branch was also a world class sprinter.

But if you really want to think about an amazing football player, think of Lebron James as a tight end.
Quote Reply
Re: Bolt vs Gatlin vs... your thoughts [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IAAF do seem to have a situation where they simply cannot find Bolt to have doped. If they do the sport is more or less dead in the water. Lets face it, on the balance of probability Bolt is doped to the gills, but nobody is going to test him positive.

Its a spectacle - nothing more. I just don't believe in athletics generally anymore.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Bolt vs Gatlin vs... your thoughts [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:

That whole "fastest man in the world playing football" thing has had pretty mixed results. Bob Hayes did okay. I think Rondaldo Nehemiah was kind of a bust. IIRC Cliff Branch was also a world class sprinter.

But if you really want to think about an amazing football player, think of Lebron James as a tight end.

This!

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: Bolt vs Gatlin vs... your thoughts [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
The IAAF do seem to have a situation where they simply cannot find Bolt to have doped. If they do the sport is more or less dead in the water. Lets face it, on the balance of probability Bolt is doped to the gills, but nobody is going to test him positive.

Its a spectacle - nothing more. I just don't believe in athletics generally anymore.

You are 100% correct.

Top 5 fastest men in 100m:

1 9.58 Usain Bolt – never failed a drug test
2 9.69 Tyson Gay – 1 year doping ban
3 9.69 Yohan Blake – 3 month doping suspension
4 9.72 Asafa Powell – 6 month doping suspension
5 9.74 Justin Gatlin – Two separate doping bans
Quote Reply
Re: Bolt vs Gatlin vs... your thoughts [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, now we can add Schippers to the mix:
FloJo 21.34
FloJo 21.56
Marion 21.62
Schippers 21.63

So Dafne has the fastest likely clean 200m ever (queue the vitriolic replies...); her last 30m today was a thing of beauty

And she's now faster than any of Marita Koch's "GDR-adjusted"
performances in the 200

For argument's sake, however (yes, we have no absolute proof), all the world records for the women from 100m to 800m are still held by athletes with big questions about their performances (FloJo x 2, Koch in 400, Donkova in the 100m hurdles, Pechenkina in 400 hurdles, and the 'manly' Kratochvilova in 800m)

On another note, We've already got Ashton and Brianne as the power genetic couple; perhaps Bolt and Schippers??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much lower could Bolts time be if he wore a tight aero kit like Gatlin?
Last edited by: sorr: Aug 29, 15 11:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After pondering this, who cares? Neither them do Ironman...

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Re: Bolt vs Gatlin vs... your thoughts [sorr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorr wrote:
How much lower could Bolts time be if he wore a tight aero kit like Gatlin?[/quot

Forget about aero kit. Gatllin not only could have had the 100m gold with better form but should have had a 4x1000 relay gold today. That 4th exchange zone flub up by Gay+Rogers was really stuff that high school track teams don't do at city championship meets. Not making excuses for the US, but I THINK Rogers would have had enough of a lead to hold off Bolt....and China beating Canada for the bronze...a bit of a bummer for us, but good for China.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jamaicans had two bad and one mediocre exchanges but were still within striking distance. Too bad the Americans flubbed it because it would have been a great finish otherwise (pretty sure Bolt would have run him down, though).

What's with the Chinese? The Party must have ordered a new sprint program right after they were awarded the meet. Well, some karma for Canada after our DQ in London 2012 and panAm 2015.

Gotta say I loved how the hosts did the intro for the relays, football-style
Quote Reply

Prev Next