Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are more concerned with a leak of your ST classifieds transactions than an Ashley Madison hack....
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guilty of this! We came home from fireworks after the 4th of July and I hopped on my trainer, despite the fact that I had to crawl down the stairs to get to it. Apparently I brought a growler and a pint glass as well. It's a fuzzy memory, but my wife and friends still laugh about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when planning a family vacation, you subtly steer the discussion toward locations near the ocean and/or mountains.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your wife refuses to come on "race holidays", if she let's you go at all

(I wanted to do IMNZ Brasil and tried to sweeten the deal by saying we could go to Machu Pichu (sp?) after the race. It's on her bucket list but she quickly figured I'd be too exhausted to walk 40+km up hill to over 14,000 feet after an IM. She's no dummy)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:

(I wanted to do IMNZ Brasil and tried to sweeten the deal by saying we could go to Machu Pichu (sp?) after the race. It's on her bucket list but she quickly figured I'd be too exhausted to walk 40+km up hill to over 14,000 feet after an IM. She's no dummy)

Man up! Consider the IM a warm-up for the climb. Recovery hike. Piece of cake.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your toddler prefers drinking from one of your many hydration bottles lying around instead of a baby bottle or sippy cup.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:
you are more concerned with a leak of your ST classifieds transactions than an Ashley Madison hack....

Anbody that has time for an affair much less one relationship isn't serious about triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K-DUB wrote:
tridork wrote:

Man up! Consider the IM a warm-up for the climb. Recovery hike. Piece of cake.

I hear ya, I hear ya, but TriSpouse has 2 married ears.

Besides, I was only ever MOP so a recovery hike to 14,000 feet wouldn't be much recovery, certainly with not my arthritic hips, my asthma and my various heart conditions. :-(

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
... you wonder what TSS you should assign to the hour you chased your kids around the playground

... your GPS-watch dies at the start of the run. You turn around and head home figuring no point doing an unlogged session (this one is probably more of an obsession on other things than tri!)

I'm ashamed to say that I have done this.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You spend more on tri suits and cycling shoes than you do on dress shirts and dress shoes.

You actually know the names of professional triathletes and pay attention to the pro results.

You spend idle time in traffic thinking of how you'd design a "better" tri bike.

Your dream vacation is a week at a wind tunnel with every piece of equipment under the sun.

Your post count on Slowtwitch is well into the thousands.

Edited to add:

If you see a faster cyclist than you, you say to yourself "but he probably swims as well as a fish can walk"

If you see a faster swimmer than you, you say to yourself "but I bet he can't break an hour in a 40k TT"

If you see a faster runner than you, you say to yourself "probably a terrible swimmer"
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Aug 23, 15 17:14
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [DangerJim71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DangerJim71 wrote:
Anbody that has time for an affair much less one relationship isn't serious about triathlon.

Freakin' hilarious! and true.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your bike is worth 6 times more than your car.
Almost $12k into my p3.
Blue book on my 2001 Subaru? $2k

Only those who risk going too far can find out how far they can go...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You check your HR while reading all these posts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... you find yourself not thinking about sex during workouts ... but thinking about your next workout during sex.

(I think I might be doing something wrong :-/)
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
lovegoat wrote:
... you wonder what TSS you should assign to the hour you chased your kids around the playground

... your GPS-watch dies at the start of the run. You turn around and head home figuring no point doing an unlogged session (this one is probably more of an obsession on other things than tri!)

I'm ashamed to say that I have done this.

So funny and so timely...this happened to me yesterday 0.75 miles in...it took about 2 miles of arguing with myself but I was at least able to convince myself to do the workout.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:
champy wrote:
Turning down beer is blasphemous.

Beer is recovery food.
- you turn 21 and you're out biking instead of taking your "first" drink.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [AuditToTheVox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AuditToTheVox wrote:
happyscientist wrote:
champy wrote:

Beer is recovery food.
- you turn 21 and you're out biking instead of taking your "first" drink.

But surely you could have a beer or two after your workout???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [Ibeti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ibeti wrote:
... you find yourself not thinking about sex during workouts ... but thinking about your next workout during sex.

(I think I might be doing something wrong :-/)

Haha - I think you're fine as long you keep the two separated. As long as you dont mix your bike and spouse up to much, you should be fine - sort of :)
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [sharknado] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharknado wrote:
Your toddler prefers drinking from one of your many hydration bottles lying around instead of a baby bottle or sippy cup.

been there! Just be carefull not to leave any leftovers of your liquid nutrition in the bottle. Before you know it your toddler will require one bottle of Infinit for breakfast and supper! :) (happended to me!)
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are obsessive with triathlon when ... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
happyscientist wrote:
champy wrote:

Beer is recovery food.

I'm notoriously "frugal", and it's nice when at the peak of training, I get a serious buzz from two beers.

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply

Prev Next