Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hoka Clifton 2 (small toe box?!) [gnat1001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've gone from the Bondi B > Clifton > Clifton 2 > Vanquish 2. The Clifton 2 was definitely inferior to the original and smaller up front, hence my change to Vanquish. I only use Hoka's for long runs, but I was at a running store today and tried on a pair of Clayton's -- apparently a brand new model. Hot damn! These shoes are extremely light, cushioned but more responsive, thin uppers, with a lot of room in the toe box. I'll be buying a pair as soon as my current shoe wears out.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 2 (small toe box?!) [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found I had to size up a half size in Clifton 2. Did you have similar experience? I want to order a pair of Clayton but not sure on sizing? Any tips?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you mind telling us where you saw the Claytons? I've been trying to find them with no luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 2 (small toe box?!) [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team_Doc28 wrote:
I found I had to size up a half size in Clifton 2. Did you have similar experience? I want to order a pair of Clayton but not sure on sizing? Any tips?

My normal shoe size is a 10.5. So your saying I should try a 11.5?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 2 (small toe box?!) [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to use the Clifton 2 in the same size as the original, but found that I had to tie the laces much looser than I normally would to prevent the shoe from fitting too tight. In retrospect, a 1/2 size up would have been better. I have gone with size 10 on all 4 Hokas and tried a size 10 today for the Claytons. I only ran a few yards back and forth inside the store on the Claytons but loved them from the first step. The caveat is that I am more concerned about how they feel when I am well into a long run...can't tell that from a couple of minutes in a store. As I've gotten older (59 this year), my foot size is getting bigger and wider. In my 20s I was running in a size 9.

I always buy a new model from the local store. Even if I'm sure it fits right then, I feel obligated to support them since they supported me. However, for subsequent purchases of the same shoe I don't feel bad about buying online.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 2 (small toe box?!) [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check runningwharehouse.com they have them and the tracer which is even lighter[i think]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am the opposite - new model shoes I order from somewhere (road runner, zappos) that I can run in them a few times then return if they aren't for me no questions asked. hell they even will let me return after 90 days, which could be completely worn out by then.

once I find the right shoe and size, then I will buy local if they have them in stock. but they rarely do and they don't let you return if worn outside either.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 2 (small toe box?!) [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I just bought a pair of Clifton 2s in a 11.5. That is a whole size bigger than my normal show and a half size bigger than what I wore on the original Cliftons. My shoes have a 90 day return policy so I'll keep swapping until I find what I want. If the 11.5 dont work then I'll try out the vanquish 2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vanquish 2's are what I am using for long runs right now and Clifton 2 for shorter runs and races. I wear a 9.5 in the Clifton 2 but went with a 10 in the vanquish. no way I could have went 9.5 in that as they are not roomy by any means.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 2 (small toe box?!) [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aries33 wrote:
Do you mind telling us where you saw the Claytons? I've been trying to find them with no luck.

I just ordered a pair from jack rabbit . com

hopefully the toe box is a bit bigger than the clifton as the reviewers keep saying!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 2 (small toe box?!) [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I Got the Claytons and I can def say that the Toe box is bigger than the Clifton 2; They fit identically (wide wise) to my Ghost 8.

I am taking them for a run today; I will report back tomorrow!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my 11.5 on Saturday and went for my long run on Sunday. The toe box is bigger and not rubbing the sides of my feet but the shoe is a lot larger. Also for some reason the shoe is rubbing my heel real bad. I could try the vanguish or claytons but arent they a lot more expensive?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe thicker socks? or a dif lacing pattern?

the shoe seems to be about the same size as my Ghost; I am going to run with them in a bit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the Clifton 2 in 11.5. I thought they ran pretty true to size. Most of my other shoes are 11.5 or 12.
Quote Reply

Prev Next