Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Greatest Triathlete Never to Have Won.... [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salmon Steve wrote:
flogazo wrote:
Rappstar wrote:

Harrop also gets the nod for that silver. Heartbreaking for Australia to get denied back to back golds in the women's race by extremely suspect performances.

Can you fill be in on what exactly makes the Athens gold medalist's performance suspect or in fact justify indirectly comparing it to the performance of McMahon, a proven EPO-doper?

I've never heard of any talk about Kate's performance before. You usually get a 'sense' from how the the other girls and boys talk about them and they seem to only ever talk highly of Kate. The closest she got to a doping controversy was when that other dirty Austrian bitch knocked her off in New Plymouth (allegedly).

I think the main issue is doing not much before Athens and not much afterwards. And the 2004 Athens win is exactly the same time Tyler Hamilton was winning a gold medal and Lance was winning his 6th tour. I guess it is harsh that her wins were in the same time, but relatively speaking coming out of nowhere and disappearing is not that helpful for her case. It's sad that fans will view it that way, but that's just the way it is, rightly or wrongly. It's not like she was Hamish Carter and Bevan Docherty in the thick of battle for 10-15 years with consistent performances to corroborate their medals with a view of being clean athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: The Greatest Triathlete Never to Have Won.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the older members, how could we forget Wolfgang Dittrich. Each year he lead a bit further before Dave and Mark and maybe Pauli "Polar" Kiuru ran him down. Wolfgang improved each year
every year.

Quote Reply

Prev Next