Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [hyr00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hyr00 wrote:
Yes, the T2 bags were on the track. This year there was carpeting the length of the track from the point where you walked onto the track to the point where you walked off. The bags themselves were on this carpeting as well. It was very well done.

Very glad to hear that. Blisters from the hot track ruined my run last year.

Did they charge friends/family at the reservior who were helping athletes check their bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, they let family in this year.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [ChristinaA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spectated this year (my first even IM spectating), and I will for sure be doing it next year

1. swim is very "civilized" with the rolling start so there is zero need for stress, on what is usually a pretty stressful leg of an IM race even for competent swimmers
2. Bike course is beautiful and fast
3. Run is awesome along the boulder creek path
4. Local support seemed amazing
5. It's close to you so you're more than halving the cost relative to another race you'd need to travel to

Yes you can be ready in time without a doubt

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [hyr00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T2 bags included a bong.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
I spectated this year (my first even IM spectating), and I will for sure be doing it next year

1. swim is very "civilized" with the rolling start so there is zero need for stress, on what is usually a pretty stressful leg of an IM race even for competent swimmers
2. Bike course is beautiful and fast
3. Run is awesome along the boulder creek path
4. Local support seemed amazing
5. It's close to you so you're more than halving the cost relative to another race you'd need to travel to

Yes you can be ready in time without a doubt

Don't be fooled by the rolling swim start. I've done 5 mass IM starts and this past weekend at Boulder was rougher than any of those.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [Jason80134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason80134 wrote:
T2 bags included a bong.

Lmaoooooo i got my ironman branded bong at the expo lol jk but the legal kush was definitely a plus!! Recovery bong hits at the finisher's tent !!!!
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Aug 7, 15 15:23
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw this:
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_28613598/coroner-investigating-death-ironman-boulder-competitor-3-days

My condolences to his family and friends.

Mark Chandler, Editor In Chief
GRAVELBIKE.com | ride everything
Last edited by: GRAVELBIKE: Aug 11, 15 8:47
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [GRAVELBIKE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

So sad.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hemp flavored GU at the aid stations.......

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [ChristinaA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed the course across the board. I was one of those unlucky flat landers (from central texas) who was crushed by the altitude. Executed my race as I planned but felt the altitude on the swim and run. Bike course was fast and the hills during the last 25 miles were no joke! You should definitely put this on the to-do IM list!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [GRAVELBIKE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Word is his hematocrit was 75
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [v0coder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to have that high of a hematocrit without doping? Could that be caused by EXTREME dehydration?

v0coder wrote:

Word is his hematocrit was 75
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Feedback? [iheartfestina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard the same through the grapevine.

Typical plasma volume is about 5 liters, assume hematocrit of 45 = approximately 2 liters lost to hit hematocrit of 75 (all else being equal)

To put that into perspective:
About 10% of sweat comes from plasma volume.

If you're down 5 pounds (2.27kg= 2.27 liters of water), then .2L came from Plasma volume.

That means we're looking to lose approximately 20kg or 44 pounds to dehydrate plasma volume by 2 liters.

Now, if we combine some dehydration (certainly not helping) with severe vomiting / diarrhea or a condition like capillary leakage syndrome then you get a heck of a lot closer.

Ultimately, it's hard to say without knowing significantly more info.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next