Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by pavlik [ In reply to ]
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [robertl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I did my sleuthing right she posed for finisher photos with her medal so not sure it can be argued she just ran down chute to return timing chip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a cheater at the Redman Half Ironman in OKC about 5 years ago who hid in the bushes for a few seconds on the last lap of the run and then short circuited the course since he knew there was no timing chip at the turnaround point. While both of us were in the last half of the finishers, so our rank was completely unimportant, I also was upset and shocked. I took note of his number and then researched his run splits which showed a huge abnormality, and then reported it to the race officials later that day and they DQed him. We must not let cheaters continue doing it!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [The Wall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Wall wrote:
If I did my sleuthing right she posed for finisher photos with her medal so not sure it can be argued she just ran down chute to return timing chip.

Yup.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could almost understand a one time lapse in judgement-but the 2012 race and the finisherpix.......BURN HER!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [tailgunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tailgunner wrote:
I could almost understand a one time lapse in judgement-but the 2012 race and the finisherpix.......BURN HER!!!!

Guess who posed for a picture with her medal after the 2012 Ironman Louisville, too.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just curious. Am I still a hater that jumps to conclusions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Possibly, but apparently the correct conclusion.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i think the thing to do is to have sportstats check and see whether she went up and DQd herself. if so, then i suspect it's the difficulty in getting to the appropriate area for that other than going thru the finish chute.

if she didn't, and she intended to pass herself off as a finisher, that's different.

Dan, in light of the recent revelations about this athlete posing with her finisher medals, I'd be interested to hear what you think about this situation now.

Personally.....hey if the finisher chute was the only place to head in and complete your DNF, so be it. However.....you don't accept your medal and then take photos with it. Just my humble opinion!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my opinion is that sportstats is reading every post in this thread. if it's as you suspect it is, then i would imagine sportstats would present this to ironman, and ironman would take the appropriate step to protect the legitimacy of its races.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience is its really hard to get into the finish compound at most Ironman's so the easier way is to go down the chute.

Also some people get very confused during run legs of Ironman's.

Either way is,

Have you emailed the race Dr or spoke to someone at the finish table where DNF's are reported so they can investigate?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is certainly one of the more entertaining threads on ST. Maybe she was just really craving the fantastic, home made pizza in the athletes garden?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [f1onvixens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I had DNF'd at Austria after loop one of the marathon, I would still have gone through to the finish area because that is where the showers are with all the naked people.

I like that the benefit of the doubt is given, but with the high 5s and now the finisher photo, and possible previous, it sounds like this person is just a massive narcissist. I bet she has a calf tattoo.

God bless ST for improving my Thursday.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [f1onvixens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

f1onvixens wrote:
This is certainly one of the more entertaining threads on ST. Maybe she was just really craving the fantastic, home made pizza in the athletes garden?

Damn, I missed that!

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The same thing happened in the Chattanooga Ironman. I really want to believe this person got confused. I was ahead of her in the swim and the bike and was ahead of her on the run until she did one loop and crossed the finish line. The pictures show her smiling and hands up as she crossed the line. She also was smiling in the finishers picture with her hat and medal. Meanwhile I am struggling on those darn hills and down hills! Once I finished, my daughter told me what happened and when she went to look up the results again, there were zeros for her time. The next day a DQ. There were only 2 of us that started the race. I have to say she had to know the difference between 13 miles and 26! .
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [runner45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure that this is the right place for this type of question, but...

If a cheater's main motivation is the personal / social media laurels, then can there be anything more done than a simple "DQ"? I doubt most people saying "congrats" on Facebook are going to take the time to verify someone's standing, and public shaming / calling them out seems too far a step, I think. Even calling out someone on ST isn't going to dissuade many people. If all someone wants is the medal and the finishing photo, is there something that can be done?

Off the top of my head...
  • Prevent DQs from purchasing photo packs?
  • Prevent "known cheaters" (how to define?) from re-signing up?

Still, not much of an incentive to stop what seems to be this type of course cutting...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder CHEATER [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Here she is slapping hands down the finish with a little double fist pump at the end

Doesn't everybody do this, regardless of the situation? I mean, just the other day I was high fiving and fist bumping random strangers at the grocery store because I picked an egg carton without any cracked shells.

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You got my vote amigo. She had way, way too many other angles to take. And yes it is clear as day (an L.A. kind of day anyway) she is bouncing and hitting as many high fives as she can. Left and right sides of shoot. Crosses the finish. Put hands on hips. Shakes head as if :
"man that was hard". Nope. Hard was the day for the athletes that actually did the whole distance. Harder than that was for those depending on wetsuits for their body- fat -challenged- insulation insurance....................... getting notice very surprisingly race morning that wetsuits would not be accepted.

Unless you are male, 180lbs+, and get off on beating up on women whom had balls to start in front of you. Without their wetsuits. I'm with you on this Roberto. I bet you even volunteer at races too. I do. Ironman Boulder swim start. And aid station 1 on bike. Double shift. Bueno. Oh and pit boy pre and post race for my 99 lb (and no wetsuit) little wahine wife.

dr
Quote Reply

Prev Next