Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Attorney Handing Out Business Cards In Parking Lot at Local Tri
Quote | Reply
He walked up to me and just said that if I was injured at all during the race to call him. I gave him his card back and told him to go away. I'm assuming he's an ambulance chaser. Anybody have experience with this?

Last edited by: Economist: Aug 1, 15 16:43
Quote Reply
Re: Attorney Handing Out Business Cards In Parking Lot at Local Tri [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a pretty good chance that this violates the rules of professional conduct, which generally prohibit in-person solicitation.
Quote Reply
Re: Attorney Handing Out Business Cards In Parking Lot at Local Tri [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would have reported him to the race officials... peddling his business on-site.
As a personal injury attorney, I've heard a lot of stories but this is a doozy.

On a side note, I was thinking about purchasing booth space at a 1/2 marathon event (I've purchased booths at certain insurance events and faires) - but not to solicit business from anyone that may get injured at the event itself! Now i'm having second thoughts...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! That is some low rent shit.
Quote Reply
Re: Attorney Handing Out Business Cards In Parking Lot at Local Tri [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Setting up a tent or "booth" at certain events/races can cost $500.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was this in Florida by chance?
Quote Reply
Re: Attorney Handing Out Business Cards In Parking Lot at Local Tri [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if this is a violation per say, but it's sleazy nonetheless.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call the appropriate disciplinary board (usually the organization that administers the bar exam in the state) and drop a dime on the guy. That's just off-putting and probably violates the ethical rules of the state.
Quote Reply
Re: Attorney Handing Out Business Cards In Parking Lot at Local Tri [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

Albuquerque.
Quote Reply
Re: Attorney Handing Out Business Cards In Parking Lot at Local Tri [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianB wrote:
Albuquerque.
I see what you did there. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Attorney Handing Out Business Cards In Parking Lot at Local Tri [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

No this was in Michigan. I had this before snowboarding in Michigan as well. I took a fall on a kicker and a guy walked up and asked if I was hurt. Thought he was ski patrol. He told me he was an attorney and that if I were hurt to call him (I didn't keep his card either).

Quote | Reply
BrianB wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Albuquerque.

Was his name Saul by chance?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

No this was in Michigan. I had this before snowboarding in Michigan as well. I took a fall on a kicker and a guy walked up and asked if I was hurt. Thought he was ski patrol. He told me he was an attorney and that if I were hurt to call him (I didn't keep his card either).

WOW that's scummy. There's a bicycle injury attorney who frequents races in Florida and hands out cards. If he were being an advocate and trying to get people to act collectively to alter legislation, build bike lanes/paths, etc. I'd be ok with it but he basically just stands around and says "I'll sue for you".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also possible that he's not an attorney at all and that it's just a scam. Would probably eventually ask you for a retainer fee upfront or something and then you'd never hear from them again....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
BrianB wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Albuquerque.

Was his name Saul by chance?

Jimmy.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol. Not sure anyone else caught the "better call Saul" reference

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply