Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 10 sp wheel / 11 sp bike - revisited [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goodboyr wrote:
I love all this "internet engineering" that happens here. Really arrogant of people to just armchair guess what will fail and what will not fail in these scenarios.

FYI, some of us are actually engineers.
Quote Reply
Re: 10 sp wheel / 11 sp bike - revisited [Ex-Rower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahaha. So therefore you are qualified to do engineering by inspection, internet review and just plain eyeballing and guessing without calcs, analysis or any other firsthand actual engineering work. Yup.....I am an engineer too. I am retired now, but was the chief engineer at a large nuclear plant. At peak I had over 200 engineers working for me. And I can assure you that it was easy to spot the engineers who did exactly what you are claiming to do.........conclude by inspection, seat of the pants and without any basis or substance. So, just because you are an engineer, doesn't mean squat if you don't actual perform any engineering to reach your conclusions.

Rant over. Sorry to all for derailling this thread. As is obvious, this is my hot button.
Quote Reply
Re: 10 sp wheel / 11 sp bike - revisited [Redog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Redog wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
kodyw wrote:
Should it work?

It should work fine.

Why not keep it simple and use a Campi 11speed cassette, works on my Zipp wheel:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/07/bikes-and-tech/technical-faq/technical-faq-1011-speed-compatibility_337803

Yes, but two not-so-minor problems:
Would hafta buy a campy freehub body plus a campy cassette, a $300 purchase.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: 10 sp wheel / 11 sp bike - revisited [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goodboyr wrote:
Hahahaha. So therefore you are qualified to do engineering by inspection, internet review and just plain eyeballing and guessing without calcs, analysis or any other firsthand actual engineering work. Yup.....I am an engineer too. I am retired now, but was the chief engineer at a large nuclear plant. At peak I had over 200 engineers working for me. And I can assure you that it was easy to spot the engineers who did exactly what you are claiming to do.........conclude by inspection, seat of the pants and without any basis or substance. So, just because you are an engineer, doesn't mean squat if you don't actual perform any engineering to reach your conclusions.

Rant over. Sorry to all for derailling this thread. As is obvious, this is my hot button.

You're making assumptions that aren't necessarily valid.

#1, my suggestion that the OP use the Reynolds part for its intended purpose requires no engineering judgement.
#2, with respect to my Shimano wheels, I did do some quick calculations to ensure it wouldn't fail.

I can't speak to anyone else's comments in the thread though.
Quote Reply
Re: 10 sp wheel / 11 sp bike - revisited [Ex-Rower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to see those calcs.

OK. My comments don't apply to you. Sorry for the assumption. Still stands for others though.
Last edited by: goodboyr: Aug 3, 15 13:20
Quote Reply
Re: 10 sp wheel / 11 sp bike - revisited [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True but you may get the whole package for under $200 if you shop around and don't get Record
Quote Reply

Prev Next