Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

omg you people in Colorado have a gorgeous state!
Quote | Reply
my daughter and i have been traveling around the western side of Denver (Georgetown, Granby, Fraser valley, etc) and wow. amazing runs i have had and horse rides she has had (cattle drives specifically). unfortunately i haven't made it out on my bike yet and will manage to pack it back up in the box without having used it in CO. couldn't figure out a headset problem that presented itself after taking the bike apart to pack it but wow. you guys have some gorgeous country here. haven't swum since i left the Caribbean (so glad to leave the sargassum for a while) so these mountains seem a little pool challenged but i likely haven't looked hard enough. the weather is shockingly cold though - this is Summer? i know i couldn't live here for more than a couple weeks due to the weather (too cold) but wow, you guys have some amazing mountains and land here. runners and cyclists paradise. i even ran on a mountain! through rock slides (okay, hugged the side of the mountain and walked when i didn't want to look to the open air side :)) and over creeks and oh my up and down. lungs bursting but still, wow.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: omg you people in Colorado have a gorgeous state! [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they are lucky! Beautiful
Quote Reply
Re: omg you people in Colorado have a gorgeous state! [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you get above 10,000 feet it can get cold anytime of the year. Colorado front range is normally around 90 this time, so everyone goes to the mountains, especially people from Texas and other flatlanders, who want to cool off.

The Fraser Valley is the icebox of the USA. I actually lived in Fraser for one winter and I think it hit close to -40F a few nights. This time of year, it can still get in the 30's in the Fraser Valley but it warms fast once the sun is up. The Fraser valley isn't has pretty as it once was, the beetle kill has decimated the trees but it's a nice area.

Enjoy Colorado but I wish Colorado was still like the 70's and 80's, especially on my drive to work on I25. Too many people have moved here and CO has lost some of its luster.
Quote Reply