Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 three weeks after Ironman
Quote | Reply
I'm debating signing up for a half-iron distance race 3 weeks after IMKY. This would be my 2nd IM. After the first it took 1 month before I was ready to race an Olympic, but had decent results. This was 3 years ago, so now I'm in much better shape and hope my body will handle the post-ironman soreness a little better.

Any thoughts or recommendations? Anyone done it with good results or bad?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 three weeks after Ironman [CJ_Dungan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did Eagleman 4 weeks after IMTX this year. Recovery is a very individual thing. It was my 10th IM so I was pretty confident I knew how to handle it. I didnt do a lot of training in between, maybe one or two sessions at HIM intensity 2-3 weeks after IMTX. The rest were all easy sessions and nothing over 2 hours. I've done Olympics 4 weeks after IM as well. This is all provided you are fully over any lingering physical issues from the IM.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 three weeks after Ironman [CJ_Dungan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just recently did Racine 70.3 3 weeks after I had raced Ironman France. France was also only my 2nd Ironman ever and first one in 3+ years so I was a bit unsure how I would fare. I did end up walking most of the marathon so I felt like I might bounce back a bit quicker and I definitely didn't have the muscle soreness I would have had if I had run the marathon. I trained very lightly the first week after France and then was able to bump up my training in week 2 building into the week of Racine. All things considered, I was fairly happy with my race but felt like I maybe lacked a bit of my normal top end power on the bike.

I think the harder part for me now has been recovering from the 70.3! Going into Racine I was maybe a bit fatigued still from the Ironman so the race took a lot more out of me than it normally would.

Hope this helps and feel free to send me a message if you have more questions. Best of luck!
Quote Reply