Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Riding in Salt Lake City -- suggestions
Quote | Reply
Hi Folks-
I'll be in Salt Lake City for work next week and am looking to rent a bike. Can anyone recommend a local shop and a good route? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Salt Lake City -- suggestions [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you want to do hills/mtns or ride the flats ? I assume road but hundreds of miles of single track
airport to marina is flat, low traffic
zoo (or downtown) up emigration to either little mtn or big mtn
city creek canyon
millcreek canyon or the cottonwood canyons
bike path along jordon river

Park City is great for road and mtn

google is your friend
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Martin is on point. I will add Mountain View Corridor as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As for bike shops I love Canyon Bicycles. I don't know about rentals but as a shop in general they're my favorite.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing nobody has mentioned yet is the Tour of Utah is going on next week. If you want to be really hard core and get beat. Register for the Ultimate Challenge on Saturday the 8th. It is the same course the pros will be using. Another great ride a bit south is the Alpine loop. It is nice a cool and one of the most beutiful rides around.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contender Bicycle, 9th and 9th

When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, you suffer.
Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Park City. Cool, beautiful, lots of trails and wide shoulders on roads. Mountain View corridor is awesome for training (I live right along the corridor) but if you are visiting Park City is a better "tourist"scene.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Salt Lake City -- suggestions [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lock_N_Load wrote:
Another vote for Park City. Cool, beautiful, lots of trails and wide shoulders on roads. Mountain View corridor is awesome for training (I live right along the corridor) but if you are visiting Park City is a better "tourist"scene.

Great feedback here! Unfortunately I'm only in town tues-thurs and in SLC with no car, but it sounds like I'll be able to get after it. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Salt Lake City -- suggestions [PaulMoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You definitely can't beat the Alpine Loop if you're down in that area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stop by Contender, grab a demo, and go ride up to Big Mountain Summit from Emigration Canyon. Ask Julian at the shop for directions, it's a nice 2.5hr OAB from town with a couple nice climbs.

Probably want to go up earlier on in the day, it's HOT! If you find yourself stuck out in the afternoon heat, go up Millcreek Canyon (just off 3900 S and I-215), or poke farther south on Wasatch Blvd to head up one of the bigger canyons - Big Cottonwood or Little Cottonwood. Both are spectacular, but at elevation and not the easiest climbs out there.

Mountain View Corridor or riding by the Airport in the middle of August sounds like a good way to wilt in the sun or die of ozone inhalation. YMMV.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Salt Lake City -- suggestions [PaulMoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm previously scheduled to meet some friends out at park city next weekend to train. They've put the Saturday silliness on our schedule. Being from Florida, it should be a hoot. I read in the materials that if/when you get rolled up by the pros, you're done, so the objective is to stay out over 107 miles and a pant-load of climbing. Should be sweet.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Salt Lake City -- suggestions [Simple Stevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your crazy coming from that elevation and diving right in.Best of luck.
Quote Reply