Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

which bike rack is better?
Quote | Reply
So I am looking at 2 different bike racks and wondering which is the better option?

First the Swagman G10:
http://www.ebay.com/...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Second the Rhino Rack:
http://www.ebay.com/...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Which would you choose?
Quote Reply
Re: which bike rack is better? [2011ironorbea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1up USA

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: which bike rack is better? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While that looks like a great rack I was looking for a 2-3 bike option without having to spend over $300, hence why I had it narrowed down to the two I listed that I was considering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any thoughts on either of these two bike racks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kuat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on how particular you are with your bike(s). Both of your suggested racks hold the bike down by putting pressure on the frame. I have found that regardless of what you do, your bike(s) will get scratched at the rub point. Especially on the longer road trips. If you don't care, either one of your choices. However, if you are particular then the Kuat or the Thule rack would work much better.
Quote Reply
Re: which bike rack is better? [rt2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rt2tri wrote:
Depends on how particular you are with your bike(s). Both of your suggested racks hold the bike down by putting pressure on the frame. I have found that regardless of what you do, your bike(s) will get scratched at the rub point. Especially on the longer road trips. If you don't care, either one of your choices. However, if you are particular then the Kuat or the Thule racIk would work much better.
Thank you for a real response and for explaining a justification for suggesting something else , I went ahead and went with the rhino rack 3 bikes , the locks and seemed more secure
Quote Reply
Re: which bike rack is better? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: which bike rack is better? [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kuat NV. I have one and it's awesome! Can do 2 bikes or 4 bikes with add on attachment.

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply