Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes?
Quote | Reply
Looking for your recommendations please...

I've been using Sidi T2s but they have one major flaw - the back (heel) flattens down when you jam your foot in the shoe. This happens when you do a flying mount out of T2, with your shoes ready-attached to the pedals. It's a pain in the ass and you lose valuable seconds as you fix the issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes? [smallard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smallard wrote:
Looking for your recommendations please...

I've been using Sidi T2s but they have one major flaw - the back (heel) flattens down when you jam your foot in the shoe. This happens when you do a flying mount out of T2, with your shoes ready-attached to the pedals. It's a pain in the ass and you lose valuable seconds as you fix the issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

I have to say the Specialized S-Works shoe is a really well engineered bit of kit for fast T1's and a really effective Boa system.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pearl Izumi tri fly octane

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mavic Helium Tri gets my vote
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my Bontrager RXL Hilo Tri shoes. However, like running shoes fit is paramount.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes? [Knudsen88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knudsen88 wrote:
Mavic Helium Tri gets my vote

x2
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes? [B3CK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x3
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes? [DScan123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DScan123 wrote:
x3

x4
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes? [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized S-Works very easy in and out.

J Biggs
Tulsa, OK

Do, or do not, there is no tri - Yoda
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes? [jbiggs2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
road or tri?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
road or tri?

Tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't want to hijack this thread...and I know the OP is talking about efficiency in transition, but can an additional layer be added to the question - which tri shoes are the most comfortable (knowing road shoes are usually always more comfy for long course)? I'm in the market for something new and want to break them in before IMFL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the LG Tri300s and just recently tried on the Tri-400s. I had no problems and thought the Tri300s were the most comfortable for me till I tried the 400s... Amazzing and you don't need to mold them. They have a boa system and a strap which is convenient and easy to use.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, GARMIN, Ceepo, Smith Optics, Lake Cycling, Boom, FuelBelt
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes? [jhornebx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fit is highly personal, but I'll say the Specialized Trivent Expert is really well designed.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Cycling Shoes? [AZcanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The boa should have been on the top and the velcro strap on the midfoot. I can't figure out how they thought that was a good design. I own the LG Tri 300s and need to replace them but I won't be getting the 400s

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jul 29, 15 17:35
Quote Reply