Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainerroad plan after completing 70.3
Quote | Reply
Hello community. So I'm 10 weeks out from my late season A race, a relatively flat 70.3, and was looking for suggestions scheduling my training block for this race. I've been using the Barry P plan with six runs a week to get into decent running fitness so planning to keep this the same. My cycling is and has been my strong suit of the three disciplines. I completed the trainnerroad half iron high volume plan for the mid season 70.3 and felt really great on the bike. Would you recommend retesting ftp and repeating this plan or moving to a sustained power build program? I have the time and desire to put in the hours just not sure which one would be more beneficial at this point in the year. Thanks for the input!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad plan after completing 70.3 [BKyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would recommend re-testing and then doing the Half Distance Specialty block again. This plan is ideal in that it's designed specifically for triathletes (the structure takes into consideration you'll also be swimming and running each week), and it's also designed specifically for this distance of a race. The biggest thing to be careful of is making sure you go into it rested. If you haven't yet, I'd recommend taking the first 2 of your 10 weeks very easy and make sure you begin the 8 week plan fresh and ready to go.

Professional Mountain Biker and Community Manager at TrainerRoad - Cycling's Most Effective Training Tool
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad plan after completing 70.3 [Trevor DeRuise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Trevor. I was planning on an easy unstructured couple of weeks here so I'll go ahead and use the 70.3 plan again once I'm rested. Thanks for the quick response and great product, I'm a fan!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad plan after completing 70.3 [BKyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply