Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Configuring Kickr/PerfPro with ERG mode
Quote | Reply
All,
I am using the most recent firmware for my kickr and just purchased PerfPro. I feel that the resistance when in ERG mode in PerfPro is much more difficult than when riding in course mode and looking to maintain the prescribed watts for the workout.

I am looking for suggestions, perhaps I have a setting off. I am getting my power reading from my Stages PM. I know…not the best, but it does give me consistent readings between rides. Prior to using Perfpro, I conducted an FTP test on the Kickr and got a 249 as measured by stages.

When in ERG mode in Perfpro, 10 min at 200 seems tough. And feels more like 250, however if I switch to course more, the “brake” is released and I can spin at what a 200 feels like for me. Ideally though Id like to use ERG and set the watts for my workout and forget it….

Any feedback by kickr/perfpro users is appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Configuring Kickr/PerfPro with ERG mode [mcollins0605] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcollins0605 wrote:
All,
I am using the most recent firmware for my kickr and just purchased PerfPro. I feel that the resistance when in ERG mode in PerfPro is much more difficult than when riding in course mode and looking to maintain the prescribed watts for the workout.

I am looking for suggestions, perhaps I have a setting off. I am getting my power reading from my Stages PM. I know…not the best, but it does give me consistent readings between rides. Prior to using Perfpro, I conducted an FTP test on the Kickr and got a 249 as measured by stages.

When in ERG mode in Perfpro, 10 min at 200 seems tough. And feels more like 250, however if I switch to course more, the “brake” is released and I can spin at what a 200 feels like for me. Ideally though Id like to use ERG and set the watts for my workout and forget it….

Any feedback by kickr/perfpro users is appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Mike

I use the KICKR/PERFPRO combo only in ERG MODE. I use my SRM to control the KICKR.

It seems harder than riding outside... just accept it :)

I doubt there is an issue with it... but I guess you never know.

Are you using the stages to control the KICKR??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It does seem a bit tougher to me too and it is similar in TrainerRoad. When using power meter control option the Kickr is trying its best to control the resistance based on the constant variability of the power meter. I feel it too and it stings a bit when the resistance causes those 20+ watts spikes above my FTP if I am already worn out.

Although I like the smooth constant power level using the Kickr's wattage, I personally appreciate the power meter control option. It's tougher, but I trust my power meter more than I do the Kickr.

I may be wrong but I don't think power meter control works outside ERG mode in either PerfPro or TrainerRoad and why it feels different in course mode. I'm not totally sure if that is the case so hopefully someone else can chime in.
Quote Reply
Re: Configuring Kickr/PerfPro with ERG mode [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using stages to control the Kickr....
Here is a dummy question, but Ill ask any way....now that I am looking to use PerfPro, I no longer need to access the Wahoo app to begin a workout, correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcollins0605 wrote:
I am using stages to control the Kickr....
Here is a dummy question, but Ill ask any way....now that I am looking to use PerfPro, I no longer need to access the Wahoo app to begin a workout, correct?

Correct, just use PP.
Quote Reply