Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

From Ironman To Olympic. Help me on Training!
Quote | Reply
I am in my second season of Ironman training (having done two). Now that my race is over, i am looking to shift to olympic distance races for the rest of the season. Has anyone made the conversion mid season, and can give me some incite as to how i should be training? I am assuming it has a lot more speed work than i was doing for ironman (3 sessions a week of speed work is what I have been doing, one for each sport) But have no idea on hours or millage required. If it helps, I do about a 25 min swim, 1 hour bike (course depending), and a 48 run. I would really like to start getting those times lower obviously.

Thanks everyone!!

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: From Ironman To Olympic. Help me on Training! [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My input is train 6 to 7 days a week. Get is lots of hill work in your runs. And race a lot for your speed work.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are those clean times, individual PBs, or actual Oly times? Because apart from the run, the rest are pretty damn good. Granted, ITU pros go under 20 for the swim, but it's not bad at all.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: From Ironman To Olympic. Help me on Training! [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are my times from my last olympic, which was in the middle of a sprint, Olympic, half, full month. Now granted, I found have done much better even if I had tapered, and it had been my a race. But in general it's the run and swim that get me in the olympic distance.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's obvious from your bike splits that it's not aerobic conditioning that's lacking. Seems to be run-specific fitness, which may or may not be coupled with over-biking during the Oly.

How hard did you bike? How far off your clean times is that 48m? A well-paced 10k in an Oly is not far off from a clean 10k.

If there's a big difference, I'd look at the pacing. If that's an effort pretty close to your max, then address running fitness - the BarryP threads might be a good place to start.

There's nothing drastically different in the training for Olympic or Sprints from HIM and even IM training. They're all aerobic events, and the basis for improvement in running is the same for pretty much the same for all of these distances. I've had my best success this last season in Oly and Sprint races based on a heavy dose of easy running and a few speed sessions - and even those fairly aerobic - once a week at most.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply