Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Got my Bionic Runner [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don't you actually respond instead of attacking posters and making irrelevant statements?

Why not disclose you sponsorship arrangement so people know that you are a paid supporter of the product?

Why not explain how this device is different from an elliptical?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:

Yep, as I expected, you have never tried. I assume you have not tried powercranks either but have an opinion.

have you ever tried drafting? Doping? 50 IM's in 50 days? No?
you sure have a lot of opinions on those topics, with zero experience.

Quote:
Nah, my race results suck again this year, none of this stuff works.

Nobody gives a rats ass about your race results. You are in a shallow, not very competitive AG.
Here's what you do that "works" for those:

Monday - 60 minute pool swim, 90 minute bike trainer, 10 minute treadmill brick 2:40 hr
Tuesday - 90 minute interval bike trainer, 90 minute cross country run, 60 minute OWS 4 hr
Wednesday - 60 minute pool swim, 90 minute bike trainer, 10 minute treadmill brick 2:40 hr
Thursday - 90 minute interval bike trainer, 90 minute cross country run, 60 minute OWS 4 hr
Friday - 60 minute pool swim, 90 minute bike trainer, 10 minute treadmill brick 2:40 hr
Saturday - 90 minute interval bike trainer, 90 minute cross country run, 60 minute OWS 4 hr
Sunday - 4.5 hour hill bike ride outdoors.

way too much training for Olympic distance races.

You just got this thing on 7/3. How, exactly, has that positively impacted your race results this season?
The anticipation of purchase? Like a Red Ryder rifle?

It's not the gadgets you do or don't use, it's the 20+ hours a week of training.
If all your AG competition were also unemployed and OCD, they might also train more, and your results relative to them might not be as good anymore.

I guess it's also the 20+ hours a week of posting to ST, since that's the other thing you do - so that must be why your results are so good.

I've done 3 races this year, and been 3rd OA, 2nd OA, 2nd OA.
I "train" maybe 3-4 hours / week. Zero swimming, minimal running.
Obviously everyone should do whatever I do, since it works so well - LOOK AT MY RESULTS!!!!

Quote:
I guess the ElliptiGo has not helped Meb run either. :)

Meb could juggle chainsaws, but it would be the decades of running he did that helped him run, not whatever product he may be shilling for right now.

Got any Squatty Potties to sell me?

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Jul 12, 15 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Bionic Runner [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Got any Squatty Potties to sell me?

Yes, in fact, I do. However, I should warn you that it was a custom made squatty potty... so admittedly it MIGHT be a bit big for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Bionic Runner [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Please God, let someone doe this and ensure they video it. Amen.

Or bury it in a garage near your Gazelle

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Bionic Runner [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jctriguy wrote:
I think you should answer the question of what relationship you have with the company. You have them listed in your signature. Is this an ad for them or just a friendly FYI about something you paid full retail price for?

Seems like disregarding this question is pretty good evidence this is a thinly veiled attempt to market this POS to ST posters.

Quote Reply
Re: Got my Bionic Runner [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
"Should help with bringing the steerer up to "easy-rider" style..... "

That would also make it like running uphill the whole time, which would also make you a better runner.

You know what makes you a better runner? RUNNING

Quote Reply
Re: Got my Bionic Runner [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K-DUB wrote:
kdw wrote:
"Should help with bringing the steerer up to "easy-rider" style..... "

That would also make it like running uphill the whole time, which would also make you a better runner.

You know what makes you a better runner? RUNNING

You have missed the point, but, ...

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Bionic Runner [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K-DUB wrote:
Jctriguy wrote:
I think you should answer the question of what relationship you have with the company. You have them listed in your signature. Is this an ad for them or just a friendly FYI about something you paid full retail price for?

Seems like disregarding this question is pretty good evidence this is a thinly veiled attempt to market this POS to ST posters.
Yup, shows a complete lack of integrity on H2Os part.
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Bionic Runner [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jctriguy wrote:
K-DUB wrote:
Jctriguy wrote:

Yup, shows a complete lack of integrity on H2Os part.

You must be new here;) No one jumps on an h2o thread for anything other than comedy and troll feeding. He's surpassing hotman and bullwinkle now by many levels! Just sit back and enjoy it for what it is.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, finally got around to modifying my 4 position trailer hitch bike race. I now can take up to 4, in any combination, of bikes, ElliptiGO's or Bionic Runners. Whether they are mine or friends, I am ready for anything.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick! To the Fred-mobile!!!

Sorry Dave, just funnin' ya.
Whatever floats your (car)boat.

But seriously - wouldn't it be a helluva lot easier to just pack 2 pairs of running shoes instead?

If you wanna bike - bike.
If you wanna run - run.
I just don't get the point of these bizarre hybrids that are neither.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Got my Bionic Runner [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Quick! To the Fred-mobile!!!

Sorry Dave, just funnin' ya.
Whatever floats your (car)boat.

But seriously - wouldn't it be a helluva lot easier to just pack 2 pairs of running shoes instead?

If you wanna bike - bike.
If you wanna run - run.
I just don't get the point of these bizarre hybrids that are neither.

The point of aqua jogging is to try and get some "running" in when one cannot have the body take the actual pounding of running.
The Bionic runners objective, just like the ElliptiGO's, is to get some run type training without the pounding. I already do 30 miles
a week cross country and 5 on the treadmill. I am trying to see if the BR might give me a little more run endurance without more
pounding on my old legs. Will it work? Who knows, but I love to try non ST approved stuff. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello h2ofun and All,

Looks like it might help for non impact run training as you say ...... good luck and report back with a use report.

Curious as to how well it trains the same major muscles as running ................

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Bionic Runner [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello h2ofun and All,

Looks like it might help for non impact run training as you say ...... good luck and report back with a use report.

Curious as to how well it trains the same major muscles as running ................

Yep, that is what the folks who bought, or are looking to buy, are asking. Only one way to find out. Since I am using on top of my normal training,
am assuming it will not hurt me. A number of folks have said is was really hard on their legs. I have had no such issues so I am
taking this as one positive for the moment.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
nealhe wrote:
Hello h2ofun and All,

Yep, that is what the folks who bought, or are looking to buy, are asking. Only one way to find out. Since I am using on top of my normal training,
am assuming it will not hurt me. A number of folks have said is was really hard on their legs. I have had no such issues so I am
taking this as one positive for the moment.

So they are hard on people's legs? From the lack of pounding? Seems like a half baked product. Not the best advocate for it either, I hope they aren't paying you very much.
Quote Reply

Prev Next