Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:
iirc flecha does the athlete interviews and sean kelley and someone else.

Carlton Kirby

Beats listening to the Liggett and Sherwin clown show any day.
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [SpeedNeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpeedNeeder wrote:
I was considering the subscription - probably iPad version. Leave you tried it before? I was wondering if the commentary would English or French.

depend on whee you tunnel to. In French server gets you coverage in French and English. Dutch server gets you Dutch and English. An English feed is always available.

Unfortunately, you can't get the iPad app as that's georestricted by apple based on your billing address. however, an Android app is available Stateside
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bough the iOS app this morning and really happy with the coverage I got!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in which country do you reside? i'd like to get Eurosport Player on my iphone, but i cant...
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so set up a european apple account - by gift cards on line, credit the account, get a drop ship billing address - and you can stream from where ever

its how europeans get HBO now, US iTunes account paid with gift cards (so you don't need a CC), purchased on Apple TV, then if you don't have a VPN on your router, you simply use VPN on laptop and airplay it to TV
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks!

full of win
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [Flanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the NBC coverage include any rider interviews and technology pieces? Who are the commentators this year aside from Bob Roll? Jense and Christian VDV?

As I'm in Canada, I'd have to get a VPN or Proxy IP to even be able to subscribe. On SportsNet we get Phil and Paul but we aren't getting any features, stage and route profiles. Not sure if this is because of early days, but it doesn't seem like anything but just play by play.

Is the NBC coverage worth it?
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [Flanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read somewhere that if you have cable access to NBC Sports, you can get access to the live web coverage without the subscription-- does anyone know how to do that?

I'm watching it on Direct TV, but while at work, I'd love to stream the NBC web coverage.
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RDL wrote:
I read somewhere that if you have cable access to NBC Sports, you can get access to the live web coverage without the subscription-- does anyone know how to do that?

I'm on my home network at the moment but I logged into xfinity and the live tv option gives you NBCSN, it is only SD and i don't seem to have a streaming option for VSHD (the faq says I should but it isn't coming up). The site says that the app will work outside your home network but notes not all channels will be available and it would depend on the contract they have with each channel.

not sure what that means for direct tv but since i looked it up figured I would mention it for those on comcast. If I get a chance I'll check for a win8 app and try to tether to my phone (also windows not sure if an app exists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a US cable cutter. So glad I just realized I could stream NBC sports Network through my Roku. Granted, I had to log in through my mom's XFINITY account online but thats also how I get HBO anyways.

Only downside is you can only watch the Tour live. Ok on a Sunday but not great when I have to go back to work. Still better than nothing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 - liking the app so far

Does anyone know how long the video archive will remain available through the iOS app? I.e., will I be able to watch this on the trainer in February?
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
Carlton Kirby

Beats listening to the Liggett and Sherwin clown show any day.

And Sean Kelly.

This is the first year I don't have cable. I had the VPN already, and got Eurosport subscription for the classics season. But I may have to pony up for NBC Sports feed, as the VPN is blocked at work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work from home and will be watching from my couch :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DVR it every day on cable NBCSN in HD.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RDL wrote:

Confirmed at work this morning that I can login via the web interface using my home credentials and watch at work. This was comcast, someone mentioned in another thread Time warner was not working for them. So seems it may vary by provider.
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
No cable and satellite TV for me for the last several years. However, the NBCSports TDF is awesome. It's $20 in the US and you get the live broadcast. Everyone in my office knows that I will be having a lot of closed door meetings each morning for the next 3 weeks.

My thoughts, exactly—until this year.

The video feed (live and playback alike) have crashed on me multiple times on an iPad Mini. Unsure if it's the app or the newer version of iOS, but it's getting a tad frustrating, especially when it happens at less than 5k to the finish.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dseiler wrote:
My thoughts, exactly—until this year.

The video feed (live and playback alike) have crashed on me multiple times on an iPad Mini. Unsure if it's the app or the newer version of iOS, but it's getting a tad frustrating, especially when it happens at less than 5k to the finish.

That's too bad. My experience has been completely the opposite. I have had no issues at all with the app. At the office I'm using an 1st version iPad Mini to watch the race live. While at home I'll either use the same iPad Mini or my iPhone 5s to Airplay the feed to my television via an AppleTV. Again, no issues. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using the NBC paid app on my iPhone 6 and streamingto an Apple TV in the evenings (or secretly watching live on the phone now and then in my office during the day . . .) Works great and the video through the Apple TV is full HD quality.
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [ceo9001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do the same thing...but use my dad's account. I watch it on my computer at work (it's over by the time most of the other people get in) using XFINITY going have to try the Roku for the weekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't. I just can't do it anymore.

Gordon
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is working well for me too!
Quote Reply
Re: How will you watch the 2015 Tour de France? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
That's too bad. My experience has been completely the opposite. I have had no issues at all with the app. At the office I'm using an 1st version iPad Mini to watch the race live. While at home I'll either use the same iPad Mini or my iPhone 5s to Airplay the feed to my television via an AppleTV. Again, no issues. Good luck!

Same setup here. Glad it's working on your end. Guess I'll keep trying, then.

Thanks for the feedback.

#cureMS
Quote Reply

Prev Next