Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920 with Mio Link
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience with this combo? My HR strap that came with the 920 drops out all the time (I've done all the fixes and nothing works).
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 with Mio Link [steelrain66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use them all the time with no problem, but you have to wear them both on the same wrist or it drops signal, and the mio link charge only last for about 8 hours.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using my Link with a Garmin Vivoactive; works great.

The Link has a really weak antenna (when using it on my bike, my phone has to be in the jersey pocket on the same side as the Link or signal drops), so just keep it close to the device you are linking to.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although I don't get HR dropouts with my 920, I did use a Mio Link just for run and it was pure crap. Works great when walking and even while riding my trainer, but when running...forget about it. Can't maintain a good skin connection so constant jumping around on HR.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 with Mio Link [karlw2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience was quite different. The MIO works great and gives me readings comparable to my chest strap on both the bike and run.

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 with Mio Link [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love my MIO Link. I rubber band it to the watch and have had zero issues. I do not use a watch on the swim leg though.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 with Mio Link [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBrad02 wrote:
Love my MIO Link. I rubber band it to the watch and have had zero issues. I do not use a watch on the swim leg though.

I've done the same, and also used it for the swim (the mio and the watch are so close that they pick up during the swim).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one and used with a 910 and 510.

Soon sold it as :

1) signal kept dropping when riding as the output from the device is pretty bad.

2) battery life too short.

For me this device was just no good. I do know others who like it, just not me.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply