Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin's Varia radar warns cyclists about traffic they can't see [peeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peeg wrote:
Could this be turned around and be programmed to measure draft distance?

+1

Too expensive for now, but as technology gets cheaper I could see how this could be used to identify drafting in Tri.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin's Varia radar warns cyclists about traffic they can't see [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never used that one, but my guess is like the guy worrying about the aero penalty, it's too close to your body to see behind you. Look at where your mirror is and ask "is there a straight line to where I want to see without my butt in the way?"
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin's Varia radar warns cyclists about traffic they can't see [chris948] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if you could have a wide-angle mirror fixed on your left fork. Then when you're in aero, just look down instead of having to contort to look backwards. Your leg would be in the way as you looked directly back, but I'd think you'd be able to see cars in the traffic lane. There's probably a geometry problem that I'm not thinking of however. Obviously it'd be a big aero penalty, but if you're training, it might be worth it if it does in fact enhance safety.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Last edited by: AHare: Jul 3, 15 6:02
Quote Reply

Prev Next