Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Austria live coverage now
Quote | Reply
If you're up, they are streaming a [German language] broadcast now. Looks like quality coverage.

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/detail.aspx?race=austria&y=2015

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: IM Austria live coverage now [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marino finished in 7:48:45 with time to give an interview to the media motorcycle and give high-fives for 2km on the run course! What an awesome venue/crowd.

-------------------
Last edited by: Timtek: Jun 28, 15 8:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After tearing it up and wins in Whistler, Brazil and Austria I wonder if Marino will re visit his decision to Kona-retire. It seems like he has unfinished biz there. Let's see.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Austria live coverage now [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
After tearing it up and wins in Whistler, Brazil and Austria I wonder if Marino will re visit his decision to Kona-retire. It seems like he has unfinished biz there. Let's see.
That's just what I said to my wife a few minutes ago. Without Macca around to smash into his rear derailleur at the start he might have a great race too;)

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Austria live coverage now [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

That's just what I said to my wife a few minutes ago. Without Macca around to smash into his rear derailleur at the start he might have a great race too;)

Hugh

Wow, Marino had the race in the bag after T2 with a jog, yet he chose to rip it up and run a 2:45 only a few seconds slower than Ivan Rana. Meanwhile in the women's race Huetthaler is in 2nd, but seems to have slowed at 27K split. Let's see what shakes out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The broadcast journalists were relentless. They actually got an interview with Sarah Piampiano in the T2 changing room, lol.

-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was honestly one of the most blatant drafting cases I've seen. There was a swarm of motos directly in front of him the whole ride. Seems like WTC is really eager to get that IM-distance record back...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: IM Austria live coverage now [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessartype wrote:
That was honestly one of the most blatant drafting cases I've seen. There was a swarm of motos directly in front of him the whole ride. Seems like WTC is really eager to get that IM-distance record back...

I'm hesitant to say this but it's very important to be at the front out of T1 at that race. Not taking anything away from the athletes that win there because they're always the best anyway but there's a bit of a trend if you look at the bike splits most of the years. Especially one year an athlete was touted as a contender for the Kona win by the tri media based on a ride there which was a bit outside his normal splits.

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Last edited by: bjorn: Jun 28, 15 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: IM Austria live coverage now [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bjorn wrote:
tessartype wrote:

I'm hesitant to say this but it's very important to be at the front out of T1 at that race. Not taking anything away from the athletes that win there because they're always the best anyway but there's a bit of a trend if you look at the bike splits most of the years. Especially one year an athlete was touted as a contender for the Kona win by the tri media based on a ride there which was a bit outside his normal splits.

Are you talking about the 3rd place guy this year? I think his bike split starting later and not getting the leader benefit was >16 minutes slower than when he won.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Austria live coverage now [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Without Macca around to smash into his rear derailleur at the start he might have a great race too;)

Haha!

"Fug off Marino!" in Aussie accent is one of the funniest moments in triathlon even though it sucked for Vanhoenacker. I must have watched that clip 10 times when it came out.

-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you think Macca's reply was good, listen to Marino in his local West-flanders dialect giving it to Macca ... If you're from the region, you'll appreciate it. It's problably Chinese to most of the non-dutch speakers, and even for most dutch-speakers, it's going to sound an awfall lot like Chinese which they might understand equally well. Never mind the words though, the tone and thunder in his voice leaves no doubt to what he said to Macca...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul, you mean this guy ? or the 2 austrians behind?
you want another pic? because I took plenty...

Quote Reply