Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TOUGHMAN Indiana 2015 Roll Call
Quote | Reply
Any Slowtwitchers heading to Richmond, Indiana, this weekend for Toughman? If you are, look me up and say "hi" (or "on your left" or "get the hell out of my way, fat boy" - whatever fits the situation)!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: TOUGHMAN Indiana 2015 Roll Call [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me..me....rather be racing...!

STIndiana
America Multi-Sport, Inc.
America's Half June 10, 2017
USAT RD Century Club
http://www.americamultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A buddy and I came down from WI for the race. We enjoyed the trip and the race. Nice venue that could handle a larger field for sure. A few things that we both agreed would make for a better race - more than 3 portos in transtion area, more buoys on the swim, timing mats on the bike and, especially, the run. 2nd lap of the run had an additional loop section that cheaters could easily take advantage of by skipping.

I hope Toughman continues to grow in popularity. Its a nice alternative to WTC. We will both also be racing Toughman WI in a few weeks so are giving our support.

Cheers,

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loved the raced.

Yes, please double or triple the # of porto potties. I don't care if you need to charge us all an extra $5 - just do it. It's inconvenient waiting in line for 35 minutes before the race, but it really sucks to wait in line at T1 after I'd drank half the lake.

The volunteers were out of this world amazing - running with me to hand off water when I missed the exchange, amazing positive energy at the top of the big hill, great finish line ladies offering us a chair and checking on us.

Will def. make it back to this one.
Quote Reply
Re: TOUGHMAN Indiana 2015 Roll Call [gyeah992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The had the same swim layout last year so I wasn't surprised by the sighting issues. Even if they laid out a bunch of buoys, it would still have been pretty bad with the sun so low on the horizon right in our line of sight. I was not a fan of that extra little bit on the run. I'm at mile 8, I've got my mind set on doing two laps, and then was directed to that little run around the ball field, bleh. But all in all, a good race, nice venue. I thought the roads were is really good shape. Very few rough areas and only a couple dodgy spots, but that's got to be expected when your riding on country roads. I actually had some fun in a few of those 's' curve areas as we were able to take those at quite a bit of speed.
Quote Reply
Re: TOUGHMAN Indiana 2015 Roll Call [ziggie204] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two dodgy spots on the toughman bike course: the corner where sprint race turned around while half continued on and also returned twice, the half 2nd lap turnaround where you were merging with sprint riders heading out.

Thankfully, the run had a fair amount of shade.

All in all, good race. I hope Toughman can make a go of it much like Challenge/Rev3.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All:

Thanks for an amazing weekend and all the community/volunteer support. May 28, 2016 here we come!

More news soon.

STIndiana
America Multi-Sport, Inc.
America's Half June 10, 2017
USAT RD Century Club
http://www.americamultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: TOUGHMAN Indiana 2015 Roll Call [Stindiana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Memorial Day weekend next year?

Thanks to all of the volunteers, team members, and fans for a great event!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply