Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Landon Cassil NASCAR driver runs 14miles after Coca Cola 600 [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
I'm fairly ignorant w/ regard to the NASCAR culture, but how's the raw vegan diet play out with the other driver? It never worked out for me, but it seems to be working for you. Awesome, man.

it can be tough, took a lot of hungry days and bonked workouts to find what my body likes.
Quote Reply
Re: Landon Cassil NASCAR driver runs 14miles after Coca Cola 600 [landoncassill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for you Landon. & welcome to ST!
Quote Reply
Re: Landon Cassil NASCAR driver runs 14miles after Coca Cola 600 [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:
OMG I KNOW! It is CRAZY making, isn't it? I guess i've been in that thread too much because ALL i could think while watching him run (actually when he came out in the shorts and t-shirt i thought, wow! race car attire really has changed, but then he started to run and my brain said, "ah! makes sense. carry on..." but I digress...) was looking at the flashing lights in the back and Oh So Happy he had that SAG vehicle and then, "well, he needs the car to light the way as it is nighttime" and then "geez, that is a LOT of traffic. I wonder WHY he picked that route?" and then, obviously, That Thread.

so now you've had the frightening peek into my thought process (have you come out unscathed?)

This is what I love about Slowtwitch. One minute you are being brainwashed by a bunch on fanatics and asking why you do this to yourself, the next you are chatting about a NASCAR driver's triathlon habit. And he shows up as a regular on ST!

It's a scary place.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Landon Cassil NASCAR driver runs 14miles after Coca Cola 600 [landoncassill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
landoncassill wrote:
RobAllen wrote:
Let's see him do it without drafting for 600 miles.

draft legal race definitely helped saved the legs ;)

A vegan NASCAR driver? Isn't that against the rules?

Solid run, btw!

--------------
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
landoncassill wrote:
pattersonpaul wrote:
From casual observation I'm thinking not many NASCAR fans choose to emulate their favorite
drivers.

there's definitely opportunity in our world, that's for sure. on a positive note though, i've had a lot of people share with me their stories of inspiration in the past year, and actually had more than one fans with 100+ weight loss success stories. sometimes that stuff is more motivating than my own training.

Thanks for posting this btw, NCAA, I'm a regular on this forum. just don't chime in too often. maybe i should do it more though :)

Haha, I think you need a "Ask me anything about World 600" thread. You'll get all the classic questions like "what's your nutrition plan for a 600 mile race?"

Have you done the CMS 10 mi TT? Can't imagine how slow it must feel to ride around that track at 28 mph after driving it at speed.

Great to have people like you out there to break stereotypes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
landoncassill wrote:
best of luck to you. my dad will be there racing in the 50-54 AG

I'm doing Raleigh 70.3. Your dad is in my age group. Wow, how did I get this old? Good luck to both Cassills on Sunday.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Last edited by: Printer: May 28, 15 19:04
Quote Reply
Re: Landon Cassil NASCAR driver runs 14miles after Coca Cola 600 [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer wrote:
landoncassill wrote:

I'm doing Raleigh 70.3. Your dad is in my age group. Wow, how did I get this old? Good luck to both Cassills on Sunday.

Nice! Good luck. He's hoping to race his way into Austria
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome stuff Landon, you've got a new fan in me. Best of luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*cough* 8/100 mile short *cough* ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to see you on here, Landon. One of the things that i really enjoy about triathlon is the interaction of professionals with the community. In your case it is cross over from a different sport, but still neat to get to follow you and kind of know a little more of the person inside the helmet.

so this being slowtwitch and all, have you been chicked by Danica yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
landoncassill wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Landon,

Got any triathlons planned in the near future?

japarker24

yep, I'm doing Mont Tremblant 70.3 next month in hopes to snag a slot for Austria...by the way my training looked this week (we just had a baby), I might be hoping for a roll down lol.

Ya' know, you might have more street cred with some of the STr's if you did the Bethel Moonlight Boogie (50 miler) in Ellerbe (just north of Rockingham). Race starts at 6pm, which means you could pull the RV up to the church, run until 2-3am, then sleep in the RV on the way down to Atlanta. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Quote Reply
Re: Landon Cassil NASCAR driver runs 14miles after Coca Cola 600 [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
landoncassill wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Landon,

Got any triathlons planned in the near future?

japarker24

yep, I'm doing Mont Tremblant 70.3 next month in hopes to snag a slot for Austria...by the way my training looked this week (we just had a baby), I might be hoping for a roll down lol.

Ya' know, you might have more street cred with some of the STr's if you did the Bethel Moonlight Boogie (50 miler) in Ellerbe (just north of Rockingham). Race starts at 6pm, which means you could pull the RV up to the church, run until 2-3am, then sleep in the RV on the way down to Atlanta. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

haha i'd love to do a 50 miler someday. I actually signed up for the Uwharrie 40 but didn't get a lottery slot. they only allow like 90 runners i think. I think I'd like to get fast at 70.3 first though
Quote Reply
Re: Landon Cassil NASCAR driver runs 14miles after Coca Cola 600 [downesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
downesy wrote:
*cough* 8/100 mile short *cough* ;-)

story of my life
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
landoncassill wrote:
Printer wrote:
landoncassill wrote:

Nice! Good luck. He's hoping to race his way into Austria

Landon,

I saw on another thread that your dad earned his slot today at IMMT 70.3. Congrats to him. How did your day go?

Quote Reply
Re: Landon Cassil NASCAR driver runs 14miles after Coca Cola 600 [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was one of those days! I was P2 out of the water and had a solid bike split. Got off the bike in the top 10ish and started getting cramps very early in the run. Finally detonated around mile 6. It was ugly from there. No slot for me. Bumming right now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The real question is Iowa or Iowa State?
Quote Reply
Re: Landon Cassil NASCAR driver runs 14miles after Coca Cola 600 [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Iowa state have a team?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha ouch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't want to piss off Kathy, but I think you might do more to prevent childhood obesity that Iron Cowboy!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I missed this thread the first time, but great to see some "mainstream" folks promoting triathlon and fitness.

I'll readily admit to being no big fan of Nascar, but you can definitely count me as a fan.

Sorry to hear about the blow-up on the run, but that's the hard part of the game. :) I'm a pretty solid stand-alone runner, and I can do well in Olympic distance, but I still have yet to really figure out 70.3 pacing (3 so far).

It doesn't help that I'm always racing hot 70.3s, but it is what it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Landon Cassil NASCAR driver runs 14miles after Coca Cola 600 [IMPBAZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMPBAZ wrote:
I don't want to piss off Kathy, but I think you might do more to prevent childhood obesity that Iron Cowboy!

Paul

okay, bud. you just earned yourself a spot on The List.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
landoncassill wrote:
It was one of those days! I was P2 out of the water and had a solid bike split. Got off the bike in the top 10ish and started getting cramps very early in the run. Finally detonated around mile 6. It was ugly from there. No slot for me. Bumming right now!

Sorry about your issues on the run. As they say, anything can happen on race day. I flatted in my first 2 WTC events. You've got the speed. Keep trying and it will happen for you.

Once again, I'm happy for your dad. We raced pretty close to each other on the run in Raleigh. I have a feeling that with his biking and running abilities he do really well in Zell Am See.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of you who may not have spotted the latest issue of LAVA, Landon, Josh and Jimmie were featured or better known as the #40, #98,and #48

http://lavamagazine.com/jimmiejohnson/
Quote Reply

Prev Next