Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seat for/aft and rotate pelvis forward
Quote | Reply
I have seen some people on here say they move there saddle forward to rotate their hips forward.. When I move my saddle forward my low back creates a hump and I'll go into more of a posterior tilt.. When I move the saddle back, my pelvis and low back follow it, back closer to neutral and pelvis rotates forward I use a Selle SMP rotating everything forward doesnt seem to help, as moving the saddle forward creates more back pain.. My femurs are 4cm longer then my tibia's
Quote Reply
Re: Seat for/aft and rotate pelvis forward [SamYO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your post contains no question, just your observation which is correct and predictable.. ie normal....

Are you wanting to rotate you hips forward? If so why, to facilitate what?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you riding your tri/tt position for a lot of hours each week?

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Seat for/aft and rotate pelvis forward [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SharkFM wrote:

Road bike
What I wanted to know is some people say to push the saddle forward to rotate the pelvis forward, as you rotate the pelvis moves further away from the front of the bike and the hip angle closes surely pushing the saddle forward, will the flex the low back more?
Last edited by: SamYO: May 26, 15 4:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SamYO wrote:
SharkFM wrote:

Road bike
What I wanted to know is some people say to push the saddle forward to rotate the pelvis forward, as you rotate the pelvis moves further away from the front of the bike and the hip angle closes surely pushing the saddle forward, will the flex the low back more?

The pelvis only moves back when you rotate in the bars stay in the same place. I don't think many talk about rotating the pelvis on a road bike, it is mostly to open the hip angle and get lower on a tri bike position.
Quote Reply
Re: Seat for/aft and rotate pelvis forward [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If i rotate everything forward then I have too much weight on the front end I have probably the most aggressive slack position then people in a aggressive steep position around here its the only way for me to use my glutes and put down power and be super aero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SamYO wrote:
If i rotate everything forward then I have too much weight on the front end I have probably the most aggressive slack position then people in a aggressive steep position around here its the only way for me to use my glutes and put down power and be super aero

Have no idea what you said there???

Why do you think people are saying to rotate the pelvis forward on a road bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Seat for/aft and rotate pelvis forward [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jctriguy wrote:
SamYO wrote:

Have no idea what you said there???

Why do you think people are saying to rotate the pelvis forward on a road bike?

If the saddle moves forward the stem usually has to move forward to keep the same postion, when I do that I have to much weight on the front end and cant make use of the glutes/hamstrings

forward rotated pelvis is much better then a posterior tilt whether its on a tri/road bike

and was just saying that not many people think you can get aggressive position on a slack angle
Last edited by: SamYO: May 26, 15 6:32
Quote Reply