Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just to continue to feed my feelings of swimming inadequacy
Quote | Reply
I have received an email to say that my afternoon pool sessions will now be shared with the Male and Female South African Swim Team - it will be interesting to see who is there.

This will be interesting, though I don't know why they're here or who will be there
Quote Reply
Re: Just to continue to feed my feelings of swimming inadequacy [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I have received an email to say that my afternoon pool sessions will now be shared with the Male and Female South African Swim Team - it will be interesting to see who is there. This will be interesting, though I don't know why they're here or who will be there

Just look at it as a prime opportunity to watch some really great swimmers swim. Watch them for 10 min or so before your own swim, absorb their form in your mind, and then try to reproduce it when you swim. Obv you will prob be a tad slower but you can still have great form. I just love watching great swimmers in person:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Just to continue to feed my feelings of swimming inadequacy [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watch and learn! What a cool opportunity.

Last year, after our local swim meet we got to watch as a few studs and studettes from the national team, including Ryan Cochrane, went through their warm up before their practice. That was a very, very humbling experience.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Just to continue to feed my feelings of swimming inadequacy [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so a development - the email went out and said they'd only be there in the afternoons, however we have two male (segregated) swim sessions a day and usually there's only 2-3 of us go in the mornings so they didn't bother to put that in the email

So I'm swimming this morning, they arrive, take the first 4 lanes and I'm in 5 - now I don't want to move, but equally don't want to really stay and feel humiliated, I don't know how they determined how many per lane as some lanes had 3-4, next to me was a woman on her own, unsurprisingly she was swimming quickly but I don't think anyone of them were close to as fast as the bloke that was in there 2 weeks ago - I am going to watch closely as i'm not really sure who / what the team is or why they're here - that said they are all way faster than me and its just as well I don't have a body image issue otherwise I'd have left there and turned bulimic......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You had me at Just to continue to feed my feelings of sexual inadequacy.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome opportunity! Watch and learn and soak it up while you can wish I was there? Where by the way?
Quote Reply