Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap worked, then when Wahoo Kicr was turned on it stopped working
Quote | Reply
The other day I did this:

- put my girl friends bike on a trainer, bike had wheel with a Cycleops Powertap
- got on the trainer and spun a bit, then paired opened trainerroad and paired with the powertap. No problems
- then I got on my own bike which was just next to my girl friends bike
- it is on a Wahoo Kicr and trainerroad picked up the wahoo and stopped showing the powertap
- now, even with kickr turned off I can no longer pair with the powertap

A few options:
- powertap simply went out of battery, havent used it for about 18 months. It would be bad luck or low probability but could have happened
- powertap is dead

What else?

I guess next step is to replace the battery...and see if that works unless someone has great ideas for troubleshooting

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap worked, then when Wahoo Kicr was turned on it stopped working [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's your TR setup? Are you using ANT+ for all devices? And are you using desktop or iOS? Multiple devices in the same room can cause interference, but they shouldn't full-on steal a connection form one another. It is odd timing, but if a signal from the PT can't even be picked up while the Kickr is already paired with something else, there's a good chance it's the battery, especially if you haven't changed it in 18 months. I've found that I start to see the "low battery" warning from my Powertap on my Garmin about every 6 months.

If you still have no luck, please shoot us an email at support@trainerroad.com.

Professional Mountain Biker and Community Manager at TrainerRoad - Cycling's Most Effective Training Tool
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap worked, then when Wahoo Kicr was turned on it stopped working [Trevor DeRuise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I replaced the batteries that solved th problem

Was just very confused about that it worked for a short time period and then stopped just as I turned on the wahoo. A coincidence apparently

Any suggestions for how to have the following set up work?

- a bike on wahoo kickr connected to a Mac
- another bike w the powertap on iPhone/ipad

Both should be used with trainer road

A
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap worked, then when Wahoo Kicr was turned on it stopped working [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be easier to connect your Kickr to your phone and the Powertap to the mac. You can use the bluetooth on the kickr and the phone, and then the powertap and an Ant+ usb stick on the mac.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, glad that fixed it.

As long as the mac has native BT, you can use the Kickr on that without a dongle. For your PT and iOS, you'll need either a bluetooth cap for the PT, or you can just get an ANT+ dongle for your phone. Check out this article for a better description of that setup: http://support.trainerroad.com/...914-ANT-Connectivity

Professional Mountain Biker and Community Manager at TrainerRoad - Cycling's Most Effective Training Tool
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap worked, then when Wahoo Kicr was turned on it stopped working [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great point thanks
Quote Reply