Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST'er Cody Beals....58 seconds behind Potts at Galveston [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cody Beals wrote:
drluke12 wrote:
Congrats Cody! Nice wheels! is the disc cover easy to add/remove?

Thanks Luke. The disc cover is really easy to put on (~10 minutes) and take off (a few minutes). I've done it twice so far. The electrical tape is also quite secure, even when it gets wet. I torture tested it with a hose the other day. I may have a discount code for Catalyst to share soon...

Hey, don't tease us, just fork over that code already! :-)

Nicely set up P4, BTW. Just hit your blog and enjoyed your piece about swimming with the magnolia masters, some good thoughts about swimming, sounds like a great program (although really hard!).
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Cody Beals....58 seconds behind Potts at Galveston [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Cody Beals wrote:
drluke12 wrote:

Thanks Luke. The disc cover is really easy to put on (~10 minutes) and take off (a few minutes). I've done it twice so far. The electrical tape is also quite secure, even when it gets wet. I torture tested it with a hose the other day. I may have a discount code for Catalyst to share soon...

Nicely set up P4, BTW. Just hit your blog and enjoyed your piece about swimming with the magnolia masters, some good thoughts about swimming, sounds like a great program (although really hard!).

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks. Magnolia Masters is a really special swim program. Coach Tim Floyd not only has some unique and effective training techniques, but he's also nurtured a really fun, supportive and hard-working team environment.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Cody Beals....58 seconds behind Potts at Galveston [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am moving that way except for the "pro" thing. My cycling improved dramatically when I switched to the Computrainer for all but my long weekend ride. Brett Sutton's blog convinced me to add a couple of treadmill workouts a week and I dropped my time significantly (1:00 per mile for most efforts) in less than 2 months.

Finally got it through my head that I am training for something rather than working out ...
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Cody Beals....58 seconds behind Potts at Galveston [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Cody Beals wrote:
drluke12 wrote:

As promised, the code CODY2015 will save you 10% on a Catalyst cover :)

ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Cody Beals....58 seconds behind Potts at Galveston [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! I'll be putting in an order shortly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cody,

You can contact Fibre-Lyte in the UK and they can build you an aero chain ring to the side that you require. I have had several built for me by them. I have had them fitted to my FSA cranks and have had several spriderless versions built that bolt right onto the crank arms.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Cody Beals....58 seconds behind Potts at Galveston [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Cody,

You can contact Fibre-Lyte in the UK and they can build you an aero chain ring to the side that you require. I have had several built for me by them. I have had them fitted to my FSA cranks and have had several spriderless versions built that bolt right onto the crank arms.

That would be awesome, but I'm not sure that a Fibre-Lyte chainring would play nice with my Quarq. It's not clear to me whether Quarq's "OmniCal" feature that avoids the need to recalibrate after swapping chainrings is limited to certain chainrings...

I also assume that Fibre-Lyte couldn't do a narrow-wide chairning if I wanted to go 1x.

What's the durability of those carbon chainrings like? How about shifting performance?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should contact Stephan at Fibre-Lyte and ask them about this. They can pretty much build you anything you want. I have been using their rings as 1 X 10 for years on MTB and road builds. I even had them build me a 16t cog for a single speed that I have built up. When running 1 X 10 they can make the teeth a bit longer and I am sure they are doing narrow/wide by now or they might just do custom for you.

When I was running 1 X 10, I have never dropped a chain while mountain bikes or road riding and I did not have a clutch rear derailleur or narrow/wide teeth.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Cody Beals....58 seconds behind Potts at Galveston [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the info. I'll check it out.

Quote Reply

Prev Next