Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Over 6'3", what bike do you ride? [spcasey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'3 and had been on a Parlee TT. Their bikes come in enough sizes to fit your stack and reach while providing a bike that fits well.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'10" and i ride a shiv xl. I had a retul fit and at that time it was the only bike i could fit on.

I've gotten more flexible and my fit has changed a little bit since then, i believe i could also ride a Dimond and a Felt IA, but i'm unsure about anything else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'3", 35" inseam.
Specialized Transition XL
Quote Reply
Re: Over 6'3", what bike do you ride? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
TriScott wrote:
6' 4" with a 38" inseam. A 61 cm Cervelo P2 has fit me well. I didn't need the extra drop of the P3. I will admit to looking at a Slice a few times because of the shorter reach.

You need a shorter reach? What stem is on your P2? I took off a 100 and put on a 130 stem. The new models have shorter reach which would not be good for me
since would not want to go to a 140 stem, assuming they make one.

boy, you are all legs.

And I bet you ride 170 cranks. :)

I'll admit to being a bit of a morphological freak show. Sleeve length of 38" and inseam to match. (If I measure inseam to the floor, for fitting, it hits 99 cm) My body length is pretty normal. I did drop the cranks to 172.5 in order to allow me to get lower and not have my knees hit my chest.

-- Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Over 6'3", what bike do you ride? [TriScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriScott wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
TriScott wrote:
6' 4" with a 38" inseam. A 61 cm Cervelo P2 has fit me well. I didn't need the extra drop of the P3. I will admit to looking at a Slice a few times because of the shorter reach.

You need a shorter reach? What stem is on your P2? I took off a 100 and put on a 130 stem. The new models have shorter reach which would not be good for me
since would not want to go to a 140 stem, assuming they make one.

boy, you are all legs.

And I bet you ride 170 cranks. :)

I'll admit to being a bit of a morphological freak show. Sleeve length of 38" and inseam to match. (If I measure inseam to the floor, for fitting, it hits 99 cm) My body length is pretty normal. I did drop the cranks to 172.5 in order to allow me to get lower and not have my knees hit my chest.

Wow.

When I first road the P2 I just bought, when I put the 200mm cranks on with a 100mm stem, yep, my knees hit my elbows. I then put a 130mm stem on and now no issues. How low are you? I did my first long hill ride yesterday
for the first time in a year, and with the 200's. I just LOVED the leverage I get and have no issues spinning my normal 80 to 90 with them. Too bad you do not live around me. I could setup the trainer
for tons of various crank heights, set heights, front heights, and then let you see how your power is.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More relevant is what big bike will fit our body type. Many of the bikes being listed would typically be consider long & low, great if you have longer torso. I am 6'4" and have longer legs. Ride the XL Blue Triad very comfortably.

http://bigmikega.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Wow.

When I first road the P2 I just bought, when I put the 200mm cranks on with a 100mm stem, yep, my knees hit my elbows. I then put a 130mm stem on and now no issues. How low are you? I did my first long hill ride yesterday
for the first time in a year, and with the 200's. I just LOVED the leverage I get and have no issues spinning my normal 80 to 90 with them. Too bad you do not live around me. I could setup the trainer
for tons of various crank heights, set heights, front heights, and then let you see how your power is.

Thanks for the offer Dave. It would be an interesting experiment to try cranks that long. It's always seemed like a really expensive experiment. A compact crank has helped me get up the hills around Madison while keeping the power under control.

-- Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Transition XXL and Trek Madone 62cm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriScott wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Wow.

Thanks for the offer Dave. It would be an interesting experiment to try cranks that long. It's always seemed like a really expensive experiment. A compact crank has helped me get up the hills around Madison while keeping the power under control.

Yep, now that is an honest open minded thought! I just took it on trust after talking to zinn and other talk folks and bought the 200's. I so love having them back. You might be amazed at how much better you feel. When I was on the 175's I felt like I was on a kids bike. Short folks are fine on 170's. One does have to spend more than a few seconds trying them though.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few years back I switched from 180's to 175's and noticed no real difference in my bike times. Only thing that did improve is that my legs weren't slamming into my chest cavity, so I breathe a little easier and feel a little more comfortable on the bike. I think long cranks are great on road bikes, but if you have a super aggressive position, the shorter cranks really help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'4" and got a retul fit before choosing a bike. The bmc Tm02 in large fits perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Over 6'3", what bike do you ride? [Born Aero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 6'5" (197cm) and ride a Giant Trinity SL (Large - the is no XL). I used to ride an XL Trek Speed Concept which fitted like a dream. While the Giant is a nice bike - probably not the best for tall people - still it rides quick...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'3" Been riding a 61cm old style P2 for about 4 years now. Fits great, no plans to change until it breaks!

Powertap / Cycleops / Saris
Quote Reply
Re: Over 6'3", what bike do you ride? [Tulkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'4" and I ride the Shiv XL, fits well with lots of adjustability. Road bike is a 61 Tarmac and it fits perfect.

-Rob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'3" and change. Tri bike is a Large Blue Triad SL (2014). Fits great once I raised the pads. Road is a 59 cm (L) Fuji Altamira or a 62 cm Fuji SST (fits at the low end of the range in that I couldn't be shorter and make it work).

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fit 3 dudes 6'6" and over last year to 61 P2s. All are on 140-150mm stems and slammed to the steer cap. I'll look for some photos.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm three inches shorter, but I can imagine the largest size Felt would fit you. I'm 6"3 and fit their old-geometry B2 in size 60, on the new ones I'd ride 58 or even 56. Their road-bikes and 'cross bikes should be within your range too - they fit pro rider Ryan Trebon who's 6"5 too.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
XL Speed concept
Quote Reply
Re: Over 6'3", what bike do you ride? [Phatdonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shiv xl
I am 6''4
Quote Reply

Prev Next