Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Santa Barbara People/Gibraltar question
Quote | Reply
Whats the quintessential way to climb Gibraltar in Santa Barbara? I think there is only one way up, but just getting to the climb and logistics and what not. I am somewhat familiar with the region, and would be starting around the Biltmore in Montecieto (but unfortunately not staying there).
Whats the logistics on water refuel along the route? Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Barbara People/Gibraltar question [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a definitive stopping point?
Last edited by: Team_Doc28: Apr 25, 15 12:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just read that the top 4 miles of Gibraltar have been re-paved. Great news. Might be time for me to try and descend gib and maybe a future climb for atoc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitive stopping point would be La Cumber Peak.

From the Biltmore I would ride to Stearns Wharf then follow this map…

https://www.google.com/...2d34.4944407!3e0!5i1

But there are probably a half dozen ways to go from that hotel.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Team_Doc28 wrote:
Whats the quintessential way to climb Gibraltar in Santa Barbara? I think there is only one way up, but just getting to the climb and logistics and what not. I am somewhat familiar with the region, and would be starting around the Biltmore in Montecieto (but unfortunately not staying there).
Whats the logistics on water refuel along the route? Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks.

From The Biltmore, just go towards the mountains on Olive Mill Rd and take a left on 192 (East Valley). Take that to El Cielito road, turn right and take that to Gibraltar.

Take what you need for water/fuel. Once you leave Montecito, it's all residential/rural.

Happy climbing!

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply