Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Design 58's? Anyone riding them?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any recent input re: the 58mm aero rims? I read the slowtwitch article which gave a decent review but want to know if anyone else has any other real world experience with them.

Some of the specs seem similar to some of the more expensive manufacturers out there(weights, sizes). Seems like they have done some decent in house testing as well.

They are apparently hand made in china in their own private facility. The profile designs website doesnt say much about the hubs but they are nondescript, somewhat low profile looking with likely steel bearings. Even the hubs manufacturer website doesnt really expand on them fully.

Overall the rims appear clean and well made. Price point seems pretty darn good. I appreciate value like everyone but at what quality compromise...?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design 58's? Anyone riding them? [Johnnyfever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any takes on some of the rovals?

thx....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 58/78's.... Did my 1st race today with them today... See my thread posted today...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Johnnyfever wrote:
Any takes on some of the rovals?

thx....

The Rovals did not do particularly well in the recent Tour wind tunnel tests of aero road bikes. If I remeber correctly, the Swissside and/or 404s were clearly a bit better.

They are a good wheel (with very nice hubs) for.the mid-range bikes they come on, but I don't think I would buy them over another wheel. In that price range I don't think you will find a wheel that outperforms a HED Jet or Jet+. The Jets aren't as cool as a full carbon clincher, but it would be hard to argue that they aren't the best all around performer of any wheel currently available (though I haven't seen them tested against the Firestrike).
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design 58's? Anyone riding them? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rovals 40mm carbon clinchers are super light 1375gm. Lighter than similar zipp 303, enve 4.5 by 100gm.... Wonder how they doing that...
Last edited by: Johnnyfever: Apr 26, 15 13:41
Quote Reply