Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Choice of Drivetrain with limit budget [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where would one get new Dura Ace 9 speed groupsets?

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Choice of Drivetrain with limit budget [tkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may have to source the parts individually if you're looking for new DA 7700.
I'd be amazed if anybody is selling the groupset new as a package.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where would one get new Dura Ace 9 speed groupsets?

It's a TT bike, so you buy 10spd DA bar end shifters, and use DA 9 or 10 spd rear derailleurs. Buy them on ebay. Probably not new, but "like new" if you look around. I have a 7800 rear with a couple hundred miles on it that looks new, if anyone wants it. I prefer the anodizing on the 7700s. I have one on my road bike that that has over 80k miles. They last forever. They have brass bushings at the pivots, unlike many others that just have the pivots riding on aluminum.

You can also use any 9 or 10spd 105 or Ultegra derailleurs. On the rear I doubt they last as long and they aren't as pretty, but they'd be fine on the front.

Quote Reply
Re: Choice of Drivetrain with limit budget [Dan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.merlincycles.com/...nolo-and-sram-44205/

Every now and then they get "Special Buys" on OEM groupsets. I got one of them for the 5800 kit and it was $335 for the entire groupset. Crank, FD, RD, shifters, cassette, chain, bb, brakes and cables. You cannot beat the price. I have 5800, 6800, ad 6870 on various bikes and aside from a slight weight penalty there is hardly any difference in performance. Plus the black 5800 looks better than the charcoal 6800 IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice of Drivetrain with limit budget [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
having quality on the front is far more important than the rear. 105 or ultegra rears will last forever. Hell my Acera rear derailleur from 1997 is working fine with minimal maintenance. Front derailleurs are were dropped chains come from.

As to the OP, I think as most people have said, 105 or Force are the best bangs for your buck and are easy to source at decent price without hunting and pecking.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Front derailleurs are were dropped chains come from.

Wondering why you think a more expensive one is better in that respect?

I have a cheap derailleur from 1992 that works great, but it hasn't had much use. Age means nothing. I've had many rear derailleurs get sloppy pivots after while, which is why the DA impressed me with its longevity.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Find a ads that selling DA 9000 (11 speed) for fr. And rear derailleur and shifters for $300. Is it worth it ? What brand or model do you recommend for brake levers ?
Last edited by: Dan7: Apr 27, 15 10:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go 10 speed Shimano 105.

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply
Re: Choice of Drivetrain with limit budget [Laatste Ronde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had some issues with 10 speed 105 eating cables.
But I've had some issues with 10 speed ultegra doing that too

anyway not a big deal you can keep an eye on it by flipping up the hoods occasionally and checking the cable state where it enters the shifter

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ceramic bearings are waste of $

Di2 is slightly out of your price range of 600-700 for the parts you listed, but not by much. You can get new Ultegra Di2 (without bullhorn shifters) for $760 (external battery) or for $780 if you opt for internal. Personally i'd go with internal batteries. Caveat is you have to purchase from Europe (via HiBike in Germany or another source). You might be able to get things cheaper if you buy used, but i doubt you'd save much. Also throw in another $50 for the brake levers.

Di2 is great for TT as you can adjust your position without having to worry about messing up the shifting.
Last edited by: echappist: Apr 27, 15 15:22
Quote Reply

Prev Next