Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT Coaching Clinic Des Moines
Quote | Reply
1. Any other STers going to the Des Moines USAT Level 1 Coaching Clinic?

2. STers who read this and have already completed the clinic: What should we expect?

Looking forward to the clinic and sharing coaching theory and ideas!

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Coaching Clinic Des Moines [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*BUMP

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Coaching Clinic Des Moines [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. I hope. I'm waiting on a formal written job offer (regular full time "day job") and I have to see how flexible they will be on my time off requests.

I expect a lot of presentations by experienced coaches reviewing how to be a professional, communication skills, evaluating athletes, putting together training plans, some basic physiology and overview of equipment, age considerations, athlete safety, review the rules of triathlon and similar topics. It's only 2 days, so it won't be too much in depth. I think level 2 & 3 are longer courses and go into more detail including swim and run mechanics , advanced training strategies and workouts, specific skills.

I'm curious who all will be presenting. It looks like they copied the link to the Facebook page to some of the regional USAT officers and Level II and III coaches it seems. I recognize some names on there that I'm pretty sure are not attending the class as students.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Coaching Clinic Des Moines [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! I look forward to meeting you in person! I was hoping some STers would be there. It is always cool to meet people you have been sharing ideas with and put a face to the name.

Yea I figure the curriculum will be pretty basic and follow the USA Triathlon's book "Complete Triathlon Guide." As far as presenters, the Facebook group listed Ian Murray (USAT LIII) and Karen Allen-Turner (USAT LII).

I am looking forward to it. Spending a weekend talking triathlon and endurance sports is always one of the top on my list!

Quote Reply
Re: USAT Coaching Clinic Des Moines [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
I'll be there. I hope. I'm waiting on a formal written job offer (regular full time "day job") and I have to see how flexible they will be on my time off requests.

Congrats on the job by the way! Smile Hope you are able to get the time off.

Quote Reply