Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Occasionally, I think I am a badass until.....
Quote | Reply
I realize that I have never been on Jeopardy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doTuEGm40qo
Quote Reply
Re: Occasionally, I think I am a badass until..... [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(slow clap)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this has been the subject of prior threads. so, you obviously are just some lazy ass who has not paid attention to slowtwitch forum etiquette!

last weekend, at the banquet in boston, they showed a video before every person got up there and gave his or her little speech and got handed the vase. they showed this clip as part of the video. somebody later, maybe tim deboom, i don't remember, got up there and said, "well, i was never a jeopardy question, but..."

i grew up with jeopardy. the host was art fleming, from the mid 60s thru the mid 70s. i have always wanted to be a contestant on jeopardy. i even went down there once, probably in the 70s, to test for it. i was either too dumb or too much of an asshole, they didn't tell me which. but then, in the last couple of years, i thought, hey, how many questions have been contestants? maybe that's an in. maybe i'll go back and try again.

[edit: it seems based on the responses below many did not recognize the humor intended in the first line; PT is my homeboy; we spend about a third our time holed up in the sierra nevadas riding mountain passes so we know each others' humor.]

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Apr 25, 15 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: Occasionally, I think I am a badass until..... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.bing.com/...5732ACC5E8E2129143BE

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Occasionally, I think I am a badass until..... [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ftw

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is Lake Titicaca? (That's my fall back whenever I don't know an answer).

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
this has been the subject of prior threads. so, you obviously are just some lazy ass who has not paid attention to slowtwitch forum etiquette!

Really Dan? Did someone crap in your cornflakes? Just FYI I did a forum search for Jeopardy and couldn't find these prior threads in the first 5-6 pages :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Occasionally, I think I am a badass until..... [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Did someone crap in your cornflakes?"

PT is my buddy. my post was in jest.

but as to your question, i don't honestly know. i'm going to get up from my chair right now and go and check, and i'll be pretty upset if i open the box and smell, and it turns out somebody did in fact crap on my cornflakes.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bad! But that could confirm your suspicion as to why they didn't select you ;) Haha

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Occasionally, I think I am a badass until..... [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't know why they didn't select me. i was very complimentary. in fact, i said as i was leaving, "those were some tough-ass mutherfuckin questions on that test!" they never even called me back.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's like the country singer who was complaining to his friend that his song
never got any air play.

the friend said "well let me hear it, maybe it just needs a little tweaking". the
singer thinks that's a fine idea and says... "ok, this is a little song I wrote called "I love
you so fuckin' much I could shit".

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool. I guess you know you made it in life when you are on Jeopardy.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

but as to your question, i don't honestly know. i'm going to get up from my chair right now and go and check, and i'll be pretty upset if i open the box and smell, and it turns out somebody did in fact crap on my cornflakes.

Wow. Thanks for clarifying. Not knowing the back story I was thinking, "Holy Cow, the Slowman can be a real dickhead."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i was either too dumb or too much of an asshole, they didn't tell me which.

Why do you assume it was an "either / or" situation?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been told I should have been on Jeopardy, but it's easy when you're sitting at home. I love when i get Final Jeopardy when none of the 3 contestants get it. Of course, no cash, but my nieces thought it was pretty cool.

Some of these serial winners though are a different level of geek

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will slightly hijack the thread. My wife and mother-in-law tried out for Wheel of Fortune. A few days later I realized it was April Fool's Day and I hand crafted an excellent letter that said they were chosen and slid in it with the mail. They were so excited jumping up and down and texting people about going on the show. Only to find out it was a joke.

About a year later, they got a call to go on Wheel of Fortune and won a trip to Hawaii. To their credit, they found the prank pretty funny and maybe it was karma that got them on the show.

On a side note, the moderator is not required to use pink font!

John Snyder @URNotAsCoolAsMe
Quote Reply
Re: Occasionally, I think I am a badass until..... [lutzman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Not knowing the back story I was thinking, 'Holy Cow, the Slowman can be a real dickhead.'"

i don't think you should assume that, because my post was in jest, i'm incapable of being a dickhead. if you ask my wife she'll educate you, chapter and verse.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman-did you know that Celeste was on Jeopardy? She has a good story to tell about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

I just assumed that it was good natured banter, not even knowing the back story. Not sure if I just opt to assume the best and/or I'm jaded from working 40+ years with guys in a blue collar environment.
Quote Reply
Re: Occasionally, I think I am a badass until..... [Kevin Curtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First time I've seen it. Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Re: Occasionally, I think I am a badass until..... [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strike one - you ride a Cervelo.
Strike two - you are from Vancouver.
Strike three - you are on S.T.

Next.....

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply