Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AmZof 2015 Roll Call
Quote | Reply
Perhaps this will bring ML out of hibernation. Yeah, I'll be the one to poke the bear.

CWD, 50-54 AG. 3rd time

Basically on a 5 week crash course. Polar Vortex 2.0 killed my winter training.
Perkins last week, Harriman tomorrow. May be too little, to late but at least I won't save all the suffering for 5/17.
Quote Reply
Re: AmZof 2015 Roll Call [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first time at AmZof. Long course. M40-44. Currently training for IMCDA. Looking forward to doing a race that cuts out the weaker of my triathlon disciplines.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M30-34. 1st time.

Haven't been focusing on endurance over the winter/spring so it could be a painful day but want to see where I'm at for the long course stuff. I'm also playing around with metabolic efficiency so trying to do the race on Generation UCAN (100 cal/hr). Gonna be interesting!! Will be driving there on the morning of the race from NYC if anyone needs a lift
Quote Reply
Re: AmZof 2015 Roll Call [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What distance?

My only advise to you first timers is this: ignore the weather reports and bring every piece of tri clothing you have. Parking is close enough that you can make wardrobe changes right up until the gun(s) go off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long course. Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought of that. Do you know if I can leave stuff in transition and pick it up during the bike (e.g. after 1st lap pick up a jacket)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, you can't (well, you could but it wouldn't be practical)
When you leave transition it's about 1/4 mile (or so) down a sketchy "driveway" to the road that you'll do three laps on. So, you'll pass the driveway twice but would not want to traverse it to get a jacket.

Note - be especially careful leaving transition, that driveway can be treacherous (potholes, bumps, gravel etc.).
Last edited by: stillrollin: Apr 24, 15 10:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the private property right out of transition but as of last week the road in and out of the park is in great condition.

65 and over, F1, 1st time, CWD 2 years ago

50 miles of Cold Spring Harbor hills this morning. I'll try to get in two laps on the course next week.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: AmZof 2015 Roll Call [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know, thanks.

I imagine the backside on Minnewaska is smooth too? They were re-paving it when I rode it last fall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50-55 age group. First time. Giving LC a go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dado0583 wrote:
Long course. Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought of that. Do you know if I can leave stuff in transition and pick it up during the bike (e.g. after 1st lap pick up a jacket)?

Although you won't want to go back into transition, you can leave a bag with warm clothes out at the road where you turn in to transition. There will be lots of people around and no one will mess with it.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've paid my money. DNS and DNF the last 2 years so looking for better. Was up that way today for a shorter duathlon. It's was cold.
Quote Reply
Re: AmZof 2015 Roll Call [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, well take weather out of the equation. 2 years ago the rain sucked pre race, required prudence on the descents, then was a non factor.
We pay to play outdoors. Without a swim, Mother Nature takes a back seat.
Quote Reply