Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crank based powermeter options help/info
Quote | Reply
Looking for some help/info on seeing what my options are for a crank based powermeter and what others have experienced.

I have a 2013 Scott Plasma 3 with a SRAM Red 130 crankset (165 arms, gxp, 53/39). In budget terms, if I can be under 1k, that would be great.

I guess my 2 biggest question are:
  • Do I need a whole new crankset, chain rings and all?
  • Can I have just have a left arm Stages on the current crankset?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Crank based powermeter options help/info [bradshan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quark Riken AL would probably be a good match for you. GXP and 165mm and pretty competitive pricing.
Quote Reply
Re: Crank based powermeter options help/info [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, yea that would be great. But just to be clear, with the 130 BCD model, i can use my current chain rings correct?

Thanks again

Edit: just noticed on the the 130 version wont be available till july :(
Last edited by: bradshan: Apr 25, 15 6:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would get either a stages rival left arm or a quarq. I've used both and they both work great although the stages read a bit lower for me, they were both very consistent.

I ordered my quarq riken on amazon prime for right around $1k. I had to return it once to the factory which they turned around in two days at no cost.

I've used both dura-ace and super record cranksets and I think sram/gxp is the best crankset format.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can use your current rings.

Yes, you could get a Rival Stages left arm on your current set. But that has the double negative of both being cosmetically ugly and less accurate.

I've picked up a Riken in the classifieds for a couple hundred less than the cost of a new Stages.
Quote Reply
Re: Crank based powermeter options help/info [v0coder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which Stages in 165mm?

Stages cost would be higher than the initial sticker price as I think the OP would be looking at a chain set swap.
Quote Reply