Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xlab Carbon Sonic Wing install on Cervelo P2?
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to install the Xlab carbon sonic wing on my 2013 cervelo p2 seat post but it looks like the wing is off by 0.5mm and not lining up correctly with the seatpost? The screws will fit through one side but the other side won't line up no matter how I position it. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone had this problem?

Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/pg3xE
Quote Reply
Re: Xlab Carbon Sonic Wing install on Cervelo P2? [m2447] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's tight but it the bolt should screw in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe loosen the bottom one to get little more play. Or if you think screwing the bolt in will crack the carbon gently drill out the hole a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Xlab Carbon Sonic Wing install on Cervelo P2? [Lederman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems like it is off. Maybe I am being too gentle? I don't want to break it though. You think I should file the hole down to create a bit more room for the screw?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could file it a little it won't hurt anything. Be gentle. Carbon can be brittle. Try putting the bolts in from the other side. Maybe one plate is slightly different. A tight fit once fully installed will be ideal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to avoid the tightness a smaller diameter bolt would also work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could the wing be on upside down? Email the guys at xlab, they have been quick to respond to my queries when I've reached out..

I have p2 & sonic wing and it works perfect
Quote Reply
Re: Xlab Carbon Sonic Wing install on Cervelo P2? [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It should bolt right on, if not file the holes a small touch.
Quote Reply
Re: Xlab Carbon Sonic Wing install on Cervelo P2? [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. I'll send xlab an email and see what they say, if not I'll file it down a touch. It shouldn't take much filing to make it fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just want to make sure you got my email. Please feel free to give me a call if you have any questions. 760-735-3215

Thanks!

Damon-XLAB
Quote Reply
Re: Xlab Carbon Sonic Wing install on Cervelo P2? [XLAB Hydration] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon. I received your email. I was able to use a drill press to make the top hole just a tad bit larger and it fit like a glove. Thanks for your help.
Cheers!
Quote Reply