Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka Clifton discontinued?
Quote | Reply
I got a notice from RoadRunner Sports today saying this. Tell me this isn't true please.

Quote | Reply
I've gotten notices from RR sports about shoes being discontinued, when they weren't (Adidas Boost). I would not believe this particular notification, especially as the Cliftons are pretty new.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Vader: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Maybe they are releasing Clifton 2? With the padded tongue and a wider toe box? Keep everything else the same. Pllllleaaaseeee!
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton discontinued? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Vader: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Maybe they are releasing Clifton 2? With the padded tongue and a wider toe box? Keep everything else the same. Pllllleaaaseeee!
Double Pllllleaaaseeee!!!

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton discontinued? [ndrfnnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does not look like it from the Hoka website
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton discontinued? [ndrfnnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd ignore it. I was in my LRS last week and they said Hoka is coming out with a Clifton version this summer that has a padded tongue. Thank goodness, my speed laces dig into the top of my foot due to the current thin tongue.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton discontinued? [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phew. Thanks all.

Quote | Reply
It think their little inventory computer spits that out if the vendor changes the product code at all. I'd expect new colors coming out so the "old" shoes are being cleared out. Some shoes get listed with a year.

So basically 2014 Cliftons are making room for 2015 Cliftons. I've seen the same happen with Kinvaras. Shoes rubber does get a little bit firmer over time being stored, so they do have a shelf life.

Plus depending on payment terms, you want to move old inventory before you have to pay for it.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton discontinued? [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoelO wrote:
I'd ignore it. I was in my LRS last week and they said Hoka is coming out with a Clifton version this summer that has a padded tongue. Thank goodness, my speed laces dig into the top of my foot due to the current thin tongue.

Talked to a hoka rep month or so ago, yes, padded tongue, lighter upper, refined sock liner and insoles glued or tacked down so they don't slide over time.
Quote Reply