Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)?
Quote | Reply
asking for a little help here. we have "lists" here on slowtwitch that we maintain, that help you, or are intended to help you, figure out what races, bike fitters, bike shops, clubs, run stores you might want to patronize. but a list is only as good as... the list. so, mostly, i want to make sure that the list is up-to-date, that is, that our lists do not have entries that are no longer there, out of business, not current. if you can give me a hand it would be appreciated. and i'm just talking about those in your area. here are our databases:

local run shops
local bike shops
local tri clubs
local bike fitters
race calendar

as to the race calendar, we've already asked you about this, and we've contacted every RD of every race you all listed as races you want to do that aren't on our calendar. we can't force the RD to put the race on our calendar, or help us put his race on our calendar. some people just refuse to be helped. still, if there's a race you're doing that's not listed, we'd love to know about it.

as to the other lists, mostly i'm looking for clubs, stores, etc., who are OUT of business, so we can REMOVE them from the dbase. what i am NOT looking for is whether an entry on our dbase is doing well or poorly at his job. that is a comment you make on the company's entry itself (we let you both RATE the business and we let you comment on the business).

we have a set of drill-down menus on the left of each database home page. the are regions, you hit the (+) sign, the region expands into states. that's as low as we drill. we're working on a giant google map so that we can stick all these dbase entries on one map (and you can zoom in and see all the tri-related assets in your area on one map. but we don't have that for now.

thanks in advance for your help.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of business for a few years now. I think since 2011.

Cadence Cycle Multisport
Address: 105 E Michigan ave
Saline, Michigan 48176
Phone: 1-734-429-3700
Fax: 1-734-429-3773
Email: angel@cadencecycle.com
Website: http://www.cadencecycle.com **eCommerce Shopping Cart**

All 3 locations are out of business since eary this year. Fraser Bike has taken over one location in Canton and there are rumors that they are purchasing the building on Packard road in Ann Arbor

Two Wheel Tango
Address: 3162 Packard Rd
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103, 481
Phone: 734.528.3030 Packard Rd
Fax: 734.769.8401 Jackson Rd
Email: dennis@twowheeltango.com, lisaacs@twowheeltango.com, jess@twowheeltango.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Local Bike Shops in Georgia:

Cannon Cyclery has moved. New address is:

11660 Alpharetta Hwy, Suite 105
Roswell, GA 30076

They have also changed their web and email address to cannoncyclery.bike. I think cannoncyclery.com forwards to the new address.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Texas Tri Club: Jockstrap Catapult

Went ahead and submitted needed changes for approval through the "Edit this Club" dialogue.

Thanks.

Andy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No longer active (both as shop and fitter):

Silicon Valley Cycling CenterAddress: 2624 Fayette Dr.
Suite D
Mountain View, California 94040Phone: 408.377.7822
Fax:
Email: karl@svcyclingcenter.com

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running shop:

Second Sole of Toledo
4190 LEVIS COMMONS BLVD.PERRYSBURG, OH. 43551
Phone: (419) 931-8484
Fax: (419) 931-8485
email: Matt Folk <matt@secondsoleohio.com>
http://www.secondsoleohio.com/#!toledo/c1mtg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri/Bike shop:

Cycle Werks
248 South Main st.
Bowling Green OH 43402
419-352-9375

Cycle Werks

6760 Providence st
Whitehouse OH 43571
419-877-1000

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Club:

Team Toledo Triathlon Club
http://teamtoledo.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The following shops in the Pac NW are no longer in business:

Bend Bike n Hike
Custom Bicycles of Portland
Endurance Sports NW
Mr. Crampy's
Upper Echelon
World Tri

Aosom is in business, but I have no idea why they're in your database. They're a "mail-order"/on-line home furnishings retailer.
Bike Gallery in Beaverton is still in business, but they no longer inventory any triathlon specific products.

scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Both of the IBC stores have been taken over by Landry's. Both stores have also moved to new locations. See http://www.landrys.com/

International Bicycle CenterAddress: 71 Needham St./89 Brighton Ave.
Newton/Boston, Massachusetts 0246100213Phone: 617.527.09.67/617.783.580
Fax: 617.928.3440/617.783.0865
Email: cgaulzetti@internationalbike.com
More information
Quote Reply
Re: Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)? [Scott in PDX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you. that was very helpful.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)? [jpbari] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Team Toledo Triathlon Club"

this club is no longer operating?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, they are very active, I just didn't find it in the list of tri clubs. Perhaps I missed it in my search.

Sorry for the confusion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay, thanks.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As clarification, all the shops I submitted are open and active as well.

Cycle Werks in BG/Whitehouse actually just went through an ownership change and the new owners are both active triathletes, including a Kona qualifier, so it is transitioning into a bike, tri and fitness shop instead of just a typical LBS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mid Atlantic

Keswick cycle - NJ location is closed
Glenside, PA is still open

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent a quick email to Toledo Tri Club general mailbox requesting that they add their club to Slowtwitch listings.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I checked on those and sent emails to the shops asking for updates.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go For It! Sports has moved, and no longer has a web/ecommerce presence. Seems to be FB only now.
New address 6916 El Camino Real, Ste E, Atascadero CA

go for it sports Address: 8040 El Camino Real
Atascadero, California 93422 Phone: 805-466-2660
Fax: 805-466-4996
Email: contact@goforitsports.com
More information
Quote Reply
Re: Help cleaning up our lists (fitters, shops, etc.)? [bilmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rays Bikes of midland MI has updated their information.

I will add the other two stores once I verify some info, such as fitters. I will also contact Mid Michigan Multisport Club about listing with ST. https://www.midmichiganmultisport.com/

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Last edited by: Jim: Apr 26, 15 16:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This Bike Fit Studio is not in Italy, is in Spain, but impossible to add as spanish

CYCLING METRICAddress: Maria Rosa Molas, 40, B7
Castellon de la Plana, SPAIN, 12004Phone: 964233435
Fax/Alt Phone: 667613702
Email: hola@cyclingmetric.com
More information
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is more a question of fitter rating functionality. Recently, I did a fit with Todd Turner. I'm not able to actually rate him. He said I'm the 2nd or 3rd person who he knows experienced the problem.

Is the fitter rating system still functional? I've tried from two browsers (Safari, Firefox).

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, to my knowledge, Dan Schook (Missouri fitter) has not been fitting for a couple years as he is no longer with Swim Bike Run or another shop.
Quote Reply